vision line

Started by RLS, July 14, 2010, 11:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RLS

i Was wondering what if lionel let bachmen do vision line trains in Ho Scale

What do Yall think

because it not fair if lionel gets everything

RBMN #425 Fan

i don't think so because ho engines are smaller. i was thinking about doing this with RBMN #425(topic Engine #425) but i'd have to move the motor into the tender, and the decoder and speaker into the auxiliary water tender. i can do this, but most steam engines didn't have auxiliary water tenders. and Lionel gets to do more because there engines are bigger. but i would like to get one :'(
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

RLS

well i was thinking that just take lionels visionline equipment and just shrink it to ho scale size

OldTimer

Conceptually, this idea has some merit.  Back in my college days I majored in geography with my area of specialization being cartography.  I was taught to draw maps over-size and then take them to a printer who could reduce the image and then print the map for me.  The reduction process smooths out imperfections and makes a better looking product.

It occures to my 66 year-old eyes that being able to work in 1:48 scale and then put my project into a black box, set a dial for 1:87 scale, and push a button might be just too cool.   

Now all I have to do is find the black box.  Perhaps my gray friends in the saucer shaped flying machines have one.

Just workin' on the railroad.

Doneldon

OT-

Kinkos and such-like can do this.  Draw in 1:48 but have it printed at .55.  You can probably do this at home, too, if you have anything beyond the most basic printer.  You can also take your full 1:48 drawing somewhere (or use your home copier) and copy it at .55.

-- D