News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Motorized Turntable

Started by jgaynor, July 16, 2010, 09:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgaynor

OK Mr Bachmann
know you got me thinking. With the announcement of your new motorized turntable. I need to know will it replace or work with the manual turntable that comes with the Tidmouth shed kit. My other question is, you state that it works with DCC does that mean a DCC controler can operate it

Is there any chance you might sell the Tidmouth Shed with this new turntable

thanks
John
I do it all for the love of my son Cameron

Cheeky_ULP

I don't think they'll replace Tidmouth Sheds turntable with this one. If they for some reason did, Tidmouth would be delayed.. again.  ::)

Chessie Sys. 3022

Quote from: jgaynor on July 16, 2010, 09:03:47 PM
OK Mr Bachmann
know you got me thinking. With the announcement of your new motorized turntable. I need to know will it replace or work with the manual turntable that comes with the Tidmouth shed kit. My other question is, you state that it works with DCC does that mean a DCC controler can operate it

Is there any chance you might sell the Tidmouth Shed with this new turntable

thanks
John

I would imagine that if it says it works with DCC, then yes, a controller could operate it if you hook up a stationary decoder with it.

Also, why not just modify the turntable to work with the sheds? A bit of kitbashing never killed anyone.

jettrainfan

by the looks of it, you hook the red cable into the controller (just like the red cable connects to both the track and controller so it could give the track the power.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

jgaynor

so if Bachmann had plans to release the motorized turn table all along we didn't he release it with the Tidmouth Shed kit
I would really like this for that

thomasj219

Because a manual turntable is more interaction for kids and like it or not the Thomas line is aimed at kids. Plus the fact that the motorized turntable alone is 140.00 and tidmouth plus manual is 175.00 so if you had a motorized turntable for tidmouth in the pack it would be a lot and not a lot of parent buyers . You can add a motorized one if you want I will be doing so.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: thomasj219 on July 21, 2010, 10:16:15 PM
Because a manual turntable is more interaction for kids and like it or not the Thomas line is aimed at kids. Plus the fact that the motorized turntable alone is 140.00 and tidmouth plus manual is 175.00 so if you had a motorized turntable for tidmouth in the pack it would be a lot and not a lot of parent buyers . You can add a motorized one if you want I will be doing so.
Pretty much hammer on the nail.

jgaynor

I plan on buying both of them too. But before you do I suggest you do some shopping online I found both on a website for a lot less the list price. I would post the site but I don't how that would be recieved by Bachmann

jgaynor

ok another question for the Bachmann, "is the turntable flush mount or does is need a hole so in can be mounted to the bench work of a layout?"

the Bach-man

Dear John,
The turntable is flush mount.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I figured as much. Goes along with the rest of the E-Z Track system that way.