News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EBT 4-6-0 and 2-8-0

Started by ebtbob, July 18, 2010, 08:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Evening All,

A couple of weeks ago I got one of my Bachmann 2-8-0s and 4-6-0s back from my painter.   He lettered the engines for EBT and did some subtle weathering.    Now,  for all you EBT purists out there,  these engines are not meant to represent what the East Broad Top had at anytime in their history.   Here are a couple of pix of the engines.

Here is the 4-6-0,  #110

Here is the 2-8-0 #149
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Dusten Barefoot

They look awesome! Didn't the EBT scheme call for an EBT Orange roof as well?

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ksivils

Very nice!

For those who complain about the Bachmann choice in locomotives - these are nice examples of how with paint - and if you so choose, re-detailing - these locomotives make excellent finished steam power.

NarrowMinded

ebtbob

Dusten,

These engines started out as undec painted.   I supplied several pictures to my painter,  Ken Bealer,  Allentown, Pa.   He would have painted the roofs another color if they showed that way in the pix.   Ken is an EXCELLENT painter.   When you want things weathered,  you must supply pix and whatever you give him,  that is what you get on the finished model.   He is really scary good!!  Also,  remember,  these engines represent what the EBT has.....note I said has,  and that I did not say East Broad Top.  Think about it.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Dusten Barefoot

I understand completely. I was just a little curiouse, because I like the orange roof color. I was not criticising, and I apologize if that is what I sounded like. :D

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Frisco

Bob, do you know if he does brass? I have an HO locomotive that I need to get painted, and am trying to find someone that I can trust.
Thanks,
Ryan

ebtnut

Re:  EBT loco paint.  There is some disagreement on exactly what the EBT's locos were painted when they came from Baldwin.  It is believed that No. 12 may have had a Russian Iron boiler jacket, which would have been a silver-grey or blue-grey color.  Nos. 14 and 15 may (and I emphasize MAY) have come with Baldwin's olive green paint on the boiler jackets.  By the time color film became common, the EBT's locos were all black with the orange lettering.  The orange paint somestime faded to look like old gold or dulux gold.  Oxide red cab roofs were a common application from the builders, and in the tourist era that has been the standard.  I understand that this year the white striping on the running boards and drivers has been deleted. 

ebtbob

Ryan,

Ken does just about anything.   He has painted brass for me in the past.    If he decides to take on your business,  he will want pictures to support how you want the final product to look like.   If you do not specify weathering,  supported by pix you will get an engine that looks like it just came out of the builder's shop.
      Ken Bealer is located in Allentown,  Pa.   Your best avenue to reach him is by email at lvpup264@msn.com.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

ebtbob

Justen,

I took no offense or sensed any criticism from you.   What I saw was an interested person asking a reasonable question.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Kevin Strong

Quote from: ebtnut on July 19, 2010, 04:59:28 PM
It is believed that No. 12 may have had a Russian Iron boiler jacket, which would have been a silver-grey or blue-grey color.  Nos. 14 and 15 may (and I emphasize MAY) have come with Baldwin's olive green paint on the boiler jackets.

The Baldwin spec sheets for all East Broad Top locos from #11 to #18 state olive green with plannished iron (unpainted) boiler jackets. What was actually delivered can only be guessed from builder's photos, but--to my eyes, at least--there's enough of a specular difference between the boiler jacket and the rest of the loco to imply a difference in finish.

Later,

K