Whats Your Fav. Bachmann Thomas Item ?

Started by TobyTheTram16, July 20, 2010, 12:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TobyTheTram16

whats your favorite ? :) :) :) :)

The Chaz Storm

Top five:
1. Edward - Hands down, best one Bachmann has done.
2. Toby - Always been a classic favorite, it's pulling power isn't great but it's pulling power is actually accurate for a Toby model to begin with so no complaints. :P
3. Gordon - Great model with amazing accuracy and pulling power.  Love how they give Gordon the space between his drive wheels and back wheels like how they did in Seasons 1-5 in that model, rather then having them close together like S6-beyond. 
4. Henry - Another terrific model, has great pulling power and accuracy.
5. Spencer - Despite the fact I sold mine, it actually has some great effort put into it.  The bach-man told me Spencer was a hard model for them to make, I could tell but it's well worth it.

therailwayinspector

currently for me its:
1. Salty
2. Emily
3. Edward

All for their accuracy and because I've always loved them in the actual show
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

PasqualeCS96

StanierJack

Going with a wild one and I'd say that engine wise, it's Mavis. Aside from having one, with face/eyes removed, in front of me, it is a very accurate model in regard to the actual 04 shunters. Add to the face it captures the TV series model 100%, and it makes a good model from Bachmann.

(I'd put Donald and Douglas close behind, as even though they aren't out yet, a new 0-6-0 tender loco is most welcome to OO modellers. Expect alot of them to be modified ;) )

Rolling Stock wise, I'd say Emily's coaches. Now, not being a fan of the modern series, I haven't seen them used much, but the fact they have bashing potential is a bonus. I can't recall any manufacturer making OO scale 6 wheel coaches, and the fact they are freelance means that you can put them in several liveries. The price is a big bonus too.

(Behind them, I'd say Annie and Clarabel, followed by the trucks with faces.)

And scenery wise, I'd go for Terrence. Whilst not the most exciting item, he is very accurate, and kudos to Bachmann's team behind making it. :)

(Closely followed by Bertie and Harold, for same reason as above)

TobyTheTram16

RBMN #425 Fan

Mines also Mavis. not only because of what StainerJack said, but also because i got her to pull 14 cars and a brakevan up a 2% grade on my club's layout during the open house. and this is with no modifications, just a drop of grease :) ;D :) 8) :) ;) :) :D ;D  :) ;) 8) :o :D
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I love Henry, and the express coaches. Henry is a great puller, and the coaches run smoothly. Edward is also good. He's Edward the Blue Engine.

napa15

So far I only have Thomas, Annie, Clarabel, Edward, a Troublesome Truck car and the red/cream Express Brake Coach and Composite Coach... and I enjoy them all. :)

I can't decide which engine to buy next, Gordon or Spencer.. or a diesel. :)

JD417

Mine is Edward he looks nice and is pretty strong for a small tender engine and the face is very nice also (not chessy)
and i guess salty comes up right by edward because bachmann got every little detail (except for the open cab) and very good puller and mine is a pretty good speed the same as percy
my fav rolling stock is the mail car because it is very accurate and it just looks cool to me  :P

Alex Butner

James the Red Engine (Need to buy another one to replace the old broken one) and Gordon (Who I don't own yet)

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

PerfectPercy

Hard to decide whether you are coming from a power or detailed stand point. What am I saying, all the engines look great!

Henry is a favorite for some reason. A classic engine with correct pulling capabilities.

I also like Edward because he just looks great and he pulls pretty good for a 4-4-0! ;D

Thomas is a great puller as well, more than needed sometimes :P.

Percy has always been a favorite, hence my screen name.  ::)

You can never go wrong with Troublesome Trucks.

Umm, let's see...

Well, I named just about half of them...  :P This must mean Bachmann has something good going.

Keep it up guys! 8)

James The Red Engine

Thomas - The model looks great despite the face.  Good puller, but not too good on hills.

Percy - The model looks great other than the face there's not a gray hook at the back and the cola hopper is the wrong color.  Too light.  Might as well be a truck. :P

James - Real good, but the wheels are gray and the smoke box isn't painted completely.  The model can barely pull 7 trucks.  Despite being a 2-6-0 he can't pull near as much as Edward.

Henry - Real close to the real model except the bottom of the tender is gray.  Good puller, but I have trouble with him pulling 4 express coaches up hills.

Gordon - Same thing as Henry.

Emily - Excellent model, but pulling power isn't one of her high points. :P

Spencer – Looks very much like his TV counterpart.  Pulling power is even better on hills than what I've seen from Gordon.

Toby – Looks great, but nothing special

Mavis – Same as Toby

Salty – same as Toby

Edward – What I believe to be the best model Bachmann has released.  Pulling power is really great for a 4-4-0.

shining time

how high is the grade of the hill because i have a small grade and he and Gordon have no problem pulling the 4 express cars s i have and my grade also has a s curve in it
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways