News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound installation in railtruck

Started by soleman10, May 31, 2007, 09:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soleman10

Hello All.  I have one of Bachmann's magnificent rail trucks, which I've done a bash with and would like to put Phoenix sound unit in it.  Problem is I don't know where to locate the speaker.  Any ideas? 
Btw, the bash consisted of making a hearse body with columns, windows, and carriage lights.  Using the "mail box" as the coffin I afixed 6 chrome handles down both sides (3 on each).  With  lillys and roses along side and on top of the coffin it looks pretty good. 

Thanks for any help in advance,
Mike.

David

I have the ON30 railtruck and have added sound to it. I put a body on the flatbed and mounted the speaker in the roof below a roof vent.
Regards,
David Silverton
Vernon Hills, IL
K8UOP

soleman10

Sounds cool David.  I don't have any vents or something I could disguise the speaker holes in the roof like that.  Hmmm.  what size speaker did you use?
Mike

calenelson

I assume you are track powered...

I have just began an RCS install on my RT.  I have opted for no sound. 

I have seen others build boxes on rear of truck and added sound there.  If you are using track pwr and haven't removed any of the ele in the 'box', there goes my idea...

What about one of those small self contained speakers mounted facing down(holes drilled in bed for sound to escape) in/near one of the rear corners...it could be camouflaged as something else...as to the sound card-maybe in the cab floorboard or redo the seat in some way to utilize the board there...

or speaker in the cab and board in the back?

sorry, prob not much help, but I'd love to see a few shots of this project!

cale

soleman10

Hi Cale, yes it's track powered for now.  I purchased a 1" x 1.5" speaker and it just barely squeeked.  I'm for drilling in the floor in back, but there is so much detail in the way under there.  The board mounting could definitely be inside the roof of the coach- no problem.  If it wasn't for the drive shaft and it's mountings this would be a snap!
I'll see if I can scrounge up a digital cam and take some pics of it and post it here for ya. 
Mike.