News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO scale K-27

Started by trains98, August 04, 2013, 10:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trains98

Is anyone aware of a manufacturer that has produced an HO scale K-27? So far I have been unable to find a manufacturer that does. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

George
Ride the Real Polar Express next March on the Pere Marquette 1225 Return to Rails Excursion! Tickets can be purchased at www.railyardproductions.com

rogertra

I Googled "HO scale K-27" and got a few hits for an HOn30 model.

the Bach-man

Dear George,
Blackstone Models made a beautiful HOn3 K-27.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Narrowgauge12

I was about to say that, blackstone has a very good HoN3 K-27, goes well if you want to model dual gauge operations like several Narrow gauge railroads did. But it would be nice to have a very nicely detailed On30 K-27, Bachmann do you think its possible, cause if you did one i would be all for it.

Doneldon

t98-

There are brass K-27 models around on eBay all of the time. They are priced similarly to the Blackstone models but are probably less reliable and less smooth than the Blackstone locos. Most still have open-frame motors so bringing them up to date with a can motor and DCC would be a fair amount of work. They'd be harder to work on, too. I have a brass ones and a Blackstone and there is no doubt in my mind that the Blackstone is the way to go. My brass loco runs like a gold watch but that's only after a great deal of putzing around with it and investing in a new motor and DCC/sound controls. I personally prefer brass generally, but I have a better locomotive in the Blackstone for about equal money. (And I was lucky to get the brassie at a good price.

-- D

ryeguyisme

if you're looking for a K-27 that runs on HO Track, I think Sn3 models do, but be prepared to pay brass prices, not to mention they aren't 1:87.5 scale either sso it would look out of place unless you had S scale stuff

ebtnut

Sn3 track is NOT HO gauge track.  In fact, HO gauge track is equivalent to 42" gauge in S, and is used by modelers in New Zealand (and some other places) for Sn3 1/2.  However, many modelers in Sn2 use HOn3 track standards.