News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

warning on packaging

Started by ddse262, July 28, 2010, 09:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddse262

I am new to this product/product line and my son recently received a fantastic Thomas and friends train set and 7 accessory trains. I noticed a warning on all of the items that state they have a chemical that is know to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Can anyone identify this particular chemical? I would like to research it. I hesitate to allow him to play with these great toys because of this.  ???

ABC

You do not need to worry about it as long as he does not put them in his mouth. Just ensure that he does not try to eat the small parts, tamper with the wires, or stick his fingers in the outlet, other than that your son cannot be harmed by this set. Most everything can be found to be a possible carcinogen if you try hard enough to link something to cancer.

the Bach-man

Dear DD,
This label is a requirement on literally thousands of items that are sold in California. Items made of plastic are particularly singled out. Unless your son eats or smokes the trains there's really nothing to worry about.
I'm sure folks from California will have more to say...
So, have fun!
the Bach-man

Doneldon

DD-

California requires carcinogen warnings on virtually everything ever made, even things that may cause cancer.  It's laughable.  So many things carry the California cancer warning that people just ignore it, so it does no good.
                                                                                                       -- D

Woody Elmore

Heck - even hammers come with a warning label to tell people to point the hammer away from their face!

JerryB

My wife & I like the biscotti sold by Costco. The product is manufactured in Texas, and we purchase it in N. California.

On their website, the manufacturer has a California Proposition 65 chemicals warning. For biscotti!!

Government gone crazy!

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

NarrowMinded

Try living and working here! My kids have the full line of thomas trains buy them and enjoy them.

I'd rather die from cancer having fun then live a hundred years in a bubble fearing it!

NM

RAM

I grew up with lead paint and lead toys.  Maybe that is what is wrong with me.  I guess that's the reason I didn't grow up to be president.

Joe323

Andy Rooney was said that they ought to put a tattoo on every newborn that says WARNING Life is dangerous to your health!

Atlantic Central

WARNING - Breathing is hazardous to your health - new government study confirms - everyone who breathes eventually dies.

It is with this level of logic that your government pretends to be interested in protecting you.

Common sense has been outlawed by those who would control your every move.

"we are from the grovernment - we are here to help"

If we REALLY knew what causes cancer, we could cure it.

Few things in science or life are simple "cause and effect".

If you swim in a pool or wash you clothes with bleach, you have been exposed to one of the most deadly chemicals known to man, yet still you live.

My parents road us around in cars with no seatbelts or car seats, and in the back of "station wagons" (read - SUV, crossover, etc), and somehow we lived - but those cars where made of metal - not plastic.

I promise, Thomas will not hurt your child so long as he does not eat it or get hit when his friend throws it.

Sheldon

Doneldon

As Tom Lehrer sang (only the oldest Rounders will remember him):

If you visit American city
You will find it very pretty.
Just two things of which you must beware:
Don't drink the water and don't breathe the air.
                                                                     -- D