News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Spectrum 2-10-2 Undec Question

Started by Steam is King, September 17, 2010, 09:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam is King

Hi Y'all,

I stopped into a new HobbyTown today and I saw for the first time the Spectrum 2-10-2 and it had the doghouse tender. It was a decorated model. I really liked it and would want an undecorated version for my pike.

My question is, do the undec's come with doghouses on their tenders. I love the doghouse and want them on as many locomotives as possible.

Also, is the 2-10-2 tender with doghouse compatible with any other locomotive, or can you simply switch the circuit boards?

Thank you,

Manny

ABC

The unlettered version does not have a dog house, the Kansas City Southern, Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range, and Southern railroads are the only versions with a dog house all others do not have one. Furthermore, the unlettered version is only available with sound and is $415 compared to $240 for regular DCC.

GN.2-6-8-0

Right now Micro-Mark has the Spectrum DCC non sound versions of the Southern 2-10-2 with the doghouse on sale right now for $97 +S/H
If its for your private road you'd just have to reletter the tender.

Rocky Lives

Thomas1911

For what it's worth, I was in the same predicament when I bought my 2-10-0 Decapod a few months back.  I wanted an undecorated version and liked the doghouse, but it is only shown with the Frisco roadname.  I went ahead and ordered the undecorated version, expecting to have to do without the doghouse or buy one seperately later on.  Much to my surprise, it came with all the necessary parts to detail any of the available roadnames.  Included was two smokebox fronts (for high or low headlights), several different head and backup lights, a different set of tender truck frames, and the doghouse.  The 2-10-2 could be packaged the same way.