News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Christmas Pass Cars Needed

Started by GovB, August 04, 2010, 01:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GovB

Dear "Santa" Man,

Is there any possibility that Bachmann will ever produce a series of shorty Christmas passenger cars some day? They would look great with a Porter or Indy under my tree along with my Christmas freight train. The only "American" ones available are 1/29 and not sure how they would look. But, with O27, On30 and G scales already under the tree, what's one more.

Thanks, GovB
Happy Rails to You, GovB

the Bach-man

Dear Gov,
It could happen. I'll pass along your request.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Doneldon

Gov-

It shouldn't be too hard to make your own Christmas cars.  Start with Bachmann wooden passenger cars and paint them.  Put a name like "The North Pole Railway" on them and you're all set.  Maybe throw in a couple of gons loaded with gifts and a flat with Santa's sleigh.  Why not add a stock car for the reindeer?  If you wanted to get fancy, add some colored LEDs, some snow and a little ice.  Fabric paints from a craft store make wonderful snow and ice.  Or, you could paint it all up like the Polar Express.  Either way, have Santa at the helm and add a few elves cavorting about or checking packages in the gons.  Your results can be as elaborate as your imagination.

A final alternative is to use the electrified Christmas train from New Bright and run it on your large scale track.  That's what I've done for years.  I actually have a twice around by folding one loop inside of the other and using a crossing.
                                                                                          --D

Joe Satnik

Dear GovB,

The guys over at Large Scale Central might have some ideas for you.  While there, you could also search on "Christmas" or "Christmas passenger".

Hope this helps.  

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

NarrowMinded

the shorty cars would be nice in 1:20.3 you could always buy some bachmann kits or some used ones and shorten them.

NM

Alex Butner

The White Christmas Set (coming out in 2010) has Christmas coaches, would that work? Or you could repaint USA Trains or Hartland coaches.

Sleeping Bear

GovB,         I have been working on a Christmas train of my own this summer, Doneldon is right .  Starting with some scratched up used cars off eBay and some Krylon spay paint, I have made a pretty nice (I think) Christmas set based around a Bachmann Raindeer transport like the one in your picture. A combine and an observation off eBay and a 0-4-0 with a slope back tender and the rain deer car are all I room for right now, but your only limeted by your space and as you said...whats one more??!!  I used Krylon indoor/outdoor Gloss Ivory, Gloss Banner red, and gloss Hunter Green and they match almost perfectly. Some home made water slide decals and a little clear coat and I'll be about done, for now. I have plans to add a coach, box car, flat car and at least one gondola (and a bigger loco) when the layout permits. Go nuts, have fun with it and if you don't like 'em...eBay.   Long winded...Yes but hope it helps ;D           
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"