train set that needs to be sold

Started by dotshattuck, August 17, 2010, 02:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dotshattuck

I have a train set from probably over ten to twenty years ago and i can't find it anywhere on the internet. It's a Bachmann, Long Hauler, N Scale train set  with twin locomotives, 6 cars, tracks, and the power pack. I don't know how much it's worth or who to get in touch with to sell it. I was going to sell it on Ebay but don't know what it's worth. Can anyone help me out with this?

ABC

It is worth no more than $30, but you will be lucky to get $20. Also, the one loco is a dummy and is unpowered.

Kris Everett

darryl1936

Hi  Well one does not have to know the value to sell on eBay. Just list at $.99 and if anyone wants the set, they will bid it up. 

TOF

Guilford Guy

To be perfectly honest, you're not doing the model train people a favor by selling it to them, and the small amount of money you will receive, will only get you a few days of food. The set's detail is not up to today's standards and has no collector value, thus the railroad modeler population wants nothing to do with it. Good luck with whatever you choose to do, but it would make a good Christmas/Birthday present for a young relative.
Alex