News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

#44910 BOOSTER?

Started by wobblinwheel, August 06, 2010, 12:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobblinwheel

Mr. Bach Man,
I am using a MRC Tech 6 controller to operate my many sound-equipped loco's. As it enables me to designate single-digit addresses to (up to six) locos, I find it interesting to run more than one train from the same controller (I also have the optional WALKAROUND). The problem is, the power pack is only rated at 2 amps. When running two or more trains, the unit goes into "overload", especially with lighted passenger cars. My question is: can the Bachmann part # 44910 "booster" be wired between the tech 6 and the track, and possibly take care of this problem? I use the Tech 6 because I also run a lot of older standard DC loco's, and the Tech 6 can switch between the two. I'm sure I would have to "switch-out" the booster when running DC (which I can do with no problem). Will it work? ! appreciate any input!
Thanks,
Mike Crafton

ABC

Yes the booster will work with any NMRA compliant DCC system.

the Bach-man

Dear Mike,
ABC is correct. It will work fine.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Doneldon

WW-

Why buy the seriously overpriced Bachmann booster when you can get a full-featured DCC system with more than 2 amps power and the ability to run more than six locos for less?  The Bachmann booster is a good piece of hardware but you can spend your money more efficiently.
                                                                                    -- D