News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track Diameter

Started by Dave, August 09, 2010, 04:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I have the opportunity to buy a box of Track of 6.5ft diameter. Will my 2 Truck Shay get around the curves with the Drive Shaft on the outside.

Cheers

Dave
                          NZ

charon

Dave,
Good to hear from you, this is Chuck in Tampa.
I have been running my two 2-truck shays, with cylinders out, on my 4 foot diameter (2' radius) curves for years with no problems.
You should do fine with the 6.5' diameter.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

Dave

Hi Chuck,
           Great to hear from you as well. Many thanks for the advice on the Track. Track is very hard to get in New Zealand so when some comes up on : Trade Me:  There is a fair scramble to buy it. I need another 40ft to complete my Railway and this box will help out real good.
          I will send you an E,mail with some pics.

Cheers

Dave

on30gn15

Quote from: Dave on August 09, 2010, 04:59:17 PMTrack is very hard to get in New Zealand...

That sounds really bizarre with New Zealand being just a hair closer to where the track is made in China than is Kansas City here.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

Dave

With a population of 4 Million we don't have the demand that an importer needs to sustain a viable " G " Gauge Business. I used to buy my Trains from the USA but the postage got so outragess , $US60, which became $NZ100, I found it cheaper to wait for used  equipment to come on the market here.  Thats life, we can't all live in the same place, maybe china is the exception.

Cheers

Dave
                             Waikino
                             NZ

Doneldon

Dave-

The exchange rate is much more favorable now, almost 1:1.

-- D

Dave

I wish it was 1:1 but unfortunately its hovering around 71c and that is not good for us here.

Dave

Doneldon

Dave-

Oh, I'm sorry.  I committed what I suspect is a serious faux pas; I looked at the Ausie exchange rate rather than New Zealand. 
                                                                                          -- D