News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Instructions

Started by fosterte, August 10, 2010, 04:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fosterte

I have recently purchased an unused Spectrum 2-6-0 G scale. I have no instructions and do not know power requirements, or if a Lenz DCC set will be suitable, or where the switches are to select DC or DCC etc.
  Help with this would be appreciated as nothing seems to exist on line.
Thanks,

StanAmes

I do not have the 2-6-0 but have most of the other Bachmann Large Scale locomotives.  From a Lenz decoder standpoint I would recommend a Gold maxi and it dirty track is a problem then a Power 3 module.

Installation is rather simple.  The hard part is removing the boiler to get to the motor.

Track input goes to the decoder and motor output to the motor.

You likely can have several of these relatively low current locomotives operating on a 5 amp system.  If you need more power piggyback a LV102 to gain up to 10 amps.

Stan Ames

fosterte

Further to my previous enquiry, are instruction manuals available? Second question - there is a switch in the smokebox for DC or something else. What is this something else it does not say DCC? Third question -  Where is the smoke unit switch?
Incidentally thanks for the info' re' decoders and DCC.

ABC

The locomotive may be equipped with a smoke generator OR a smoke generator and a polarity switch. Switches for these accessory features are located behind the smokebox door at the front end of your locomotive. To operate the smoke generator, put 3 or 4 drops of smoke fluid down the smoke stack. (A plastic vial of smoke fluid is included with smoke-equipped locomotives). Move the smoke generator switch to the "on" position and begin operation. If you operate your locomotive without smoke fluid, be sure to turn off the smoke generator. Failure to do so will burn out the smoke unit. Note: it is not recommended that you run your locomotive above 16 volts with the smoke unit turned on. This may also cause the smoke unit to burn out. If you locomotive is equipped with a polarity switch, you will find either a two-position or three-position switch. The two-position polarity switch allows you to operate according to either NMRA (US) or NEM (European) standards. The three-position switch features an additional "center off" position that cuts track power to the locomotive, allowing it to remain on your layout while other trains run.

gerakliuss