News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

just curious

Started by bevernie, February 06, 2007, 11:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevernie

Where are you from, and what do you do?
I'm from Hendersonville, NC, and a truck driver.My trains are "on the wall", as yet, and I'm hoping to get a (DC) track up and running soon!
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Terry Toenges

I'm from St. Louis and now I live about 70 mies south of there.
I've been sort of a "jack of all trades and master of none".
I've been a boat mechanic, driving instructor, console operator, newspaper reporter, lawn care foreman, resort housekeeper and houseman, lumberjack,  store detective, boat dock builder, manufacturing foreman, mushroom picker, forklift operator, mail clerk, carnival ride assembler and operator, UN cop, infantyman, machinegunner, squad leader, real estate agent, music publisher, job counselor, homeless coordinator, and owned a wood stripping business.
Never could decide what I wanted to be when I grew up, so I retired.
I do have 18 years in the Marine Corps, but most of it is reserves. I now get disability.
Feel like a Mogul.

Bill Baker

I'm from Little Rock where I've lived all my life. Been everywhere except the electric chair and seen everything but the wind.  I'll be retiring in 53 days and will start my third major HO layout.  After years of false starts and many mistakes, I think I now have the knowledge and confidence to build a great looking pike. Well at least I hope I do.  In seeing some of the pictures others have posted on this site....I wonder.  :)
Bill

Guilford Guy

8 miles outside boston, school and riding commuter trains.
Alex

Seasaltchap

I too lived in Boston 1950-1953, when "Charlie" was stuck on the MTA.

After choir practice in Copley Sq. I would ride the MTA before I had to arrive home. Saw a lot of stations!
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

ebtbob

Good Evening All,

I live in the NW subs of Philadelphia, Pa.   The town I live in,  Hatboro, got its name because many hats used in the Revolutionary War were made here.  I have lived in this basic area all my life, save for two years of active duty in the Army from February 69 to February 71.
          I have worked for the people that make Tylenol for 32+ years starting as a tablet compression machine op and for the past 20 years as a coater and printer.
          I am an avid model railroader with two railroads in the basement,  one HO/HOn3 and the newer one,  On30,  under construction.
          I have two children,  both college grads and my daughter Kelly is about to make the Mrs and I grandparents for the first time in May.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Tom Hogan

I'm from Saukville WI....30 miles north of Milwaukee. I'm a produce manager for a grocery store here in town. Was born and raised in a Chicago suburb, with the "Rock" in my back yard! In the '60's remembering riding the "EL" with my Grandma downtown shopping! Moved to a little farm town (Fredonia, WI) in the late '60s with my parents....again(how lucky)with the Milwaukee Road in my backyard!

I model freelanced in HO....have a Bachmann DCC and love it for my small pike...L shaped...about the size of 2 4x8 sheets plywood.
Married....daughter at home....2 sons in Iraq.....1 son in College...1 son a bum! lol

scottychaos

Im Scot in Rochester, NY.
I work in R&D at Eastman Kodak.

I grew up in Sayre PA/Waverly NY (the same place) along the LV and EL mainlines..but sadly I was only 7 years old in 1976, so I missed them both.  :(
By the time I started railfanning in 1984 Conrail was firmly entrentched.
But we also had D&H, Guilford and Susquehanna power running the Southern Tier Main in the 1980's! including Alcos! so it was a good time to be trackside.

Today I like to railfan the Livonia, Avon and Lakeville, who runs an amazing collection of working Alcos, doing what they were made to do!

We also have CSX through Rochester. *yawn*

And Rochester & Southern, an interesting Genesee & Wyoming family line, running some antique 1st and 2nd generation EMDs..

I just got married a year ago!  ;D
and my wife and I just bought our first house last summer..
with space in the yard for a Garden railroad, and room in the basement for a Maine On2 layout!

I model in 1/29 scale, 29n2 scale, and On2.

Scot

gardenrail

Just to be a bit different -   :D

I'm Ron from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia - a State that has only Narrow Gauge (3'6" and 2') railways.

I would think that I am one of the older members on the board at 71. Had to come in from Garden Rail (Live Steam) because of medical problems and am now in the early stages of an On30 layout, made possible by quality products at a reasonable price from Bachmann and a number of small producers.

Hoople

Well, Ron, I think I'm opposite of you.

Seattle, WA is where I am. I go to school, and do random things.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

Rich R

Chatham, NJ, Centerport, L.I.NY
Doylestown, PA Huntingdon Valley, PA
Hampton NH, Gloucester, MA
Salem, MA, Rockledge, FL
Not really a Model RR’er more of a modeler in general.
I enjoy building things.
Machinist apprentice, Boson’s mate, Surfman, Heavy equipment operator,
Photographer, Studio photographer, Professional model ship builder.
(hey, somebody had to do it!)

Cheers,
Rich R

Seasaltchap

Gardenrail:

It is the Tasmanian Government railways original 1909 Beyer Peacock Garrett that is now in the NRM at York.
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

Mik

Hmmm, I live in Indiana, Pa (Jimmy Stewart's boyhood home!) I have an indoor gauge 1 mostly Lehmann empire (as if you can call a 5' x 8' loop built on a diningroom table much of anything!) some On30 floating about and a 3-1/2" gauge live steam Stephenson's Rocket taking up space on the entertainment center.

I'm on disability and run a very small part time business supplying kits to model engineers.
Mik

Paul M.

I'm from Texas, I go to school.

UP, BNSF and a shortline or two run through my city.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

0n30nutz

Ewing, New Jersey...Delivery Department Manager in a very large multi-line auto dealership....Love my wife, kids, grandson, and of couse my trains...O and On30... ;D
If it ain't steam, it ain't...