News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

problems with anyrail

Started by Kris Everett, August 09, 2010, 04:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris Everett

i have got a problem with anyrail i finally broke down and am trying anyrail. works great. just 1 problem im having is im putting in my slope measurements and according to anyrail the slope is way over 2% but yet my trains hav no prob going up the incline at all. why is it that in a model things dont come out right but in real life they work fine. yes i know i should have said that "why is that everything in a model works great but in life it dosent work out that way." which for once is wrong.

whoo hoo finally somthing exciting about life.

Kris

CNE Runner

Kris - I have never had a problem with AnyRail...in fact I really like using the program for layout design...or playing 'what if?' To be fair, I also do not deal with slopes (all my mini layouts tend to be flat). You obviously are much more adroit with AnyRail than I. Have you tried to contact the program designers?

Once you get all the 'bugs' worked out, you will have to host a class for the rest of us. I am sure I am only using a fraction of what that program is capable.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Kris Everett

it's really not that hard to do it just i alll ready have my slope made and im putting in the measurements of the height and it's not coming out right but i will contact them if i can figure it out. i was just wondering if some one was having the same trouble.  ??? :(

Jim Banner

I don't use Anyrail, so this is just a thought.  Is it possibly a units problem?  I mean 1 inch in 10 feet is about .8% grade but a 1 in 10 grade is 10%.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

ABC

Also check your decimal point, or the number of zeros (for a fraction).

Kris Everett

ok where would i find that i know where the measurements are to change from CM to IN  and vise versa

kris

ebtnut

Joe Satnik

Dear Kris,

Run the AnyRail program.

Click on "Settings" (upper middle screen).

Click on "Measurement systems" (upper right hand side).

Choose one of the four measurement systems to work with.

Start laying track !!

Have fun !!

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Kris Everett

i have been talking to anyrail support. have gotten the bugs out.

if you would like to get trained on how to makes slopes im willing to help u. just send me a message and ill tell u how to get a hold of me. Ill even do it for Free.  :D

jsmvmd

Dear Kris,

On this site you HAVE to do it for free.  Best wishes from The Old Cheapskate !   ;D

Jack

Kris Everett

i  know i just put that in to get a laugh  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o