News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

spst switch

Started by rookie, August 13, 2010, 08:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNE Runner

Jeff - I did some research on the Atlas Selector and you are absolutely correct...it is composed of SPDT switches. My apologies. Indirectly I must also thank you for making my wiring easier on the Sweet Haven extension of the Monks' Island Railway. I was planning on using DPDT toggle switches (which entailed some sort of panel arrangement and LOTS of wire. The Atlas Selector panel(s) will fit the fascia and eliminate those pesky common wires.

Many thanks...I owe you one.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

CNE Runner

Rookie, I found a really good website that explains the 'mysteries' of model railroading in layman's terms. It can be found at http://www.nmra.org/beginner/consist.html and contains information on wiring for multiple throttles as well as other topics of interest.

Ray

RAM

I don't know if any one said this or not.  always power the track on the point end of a turnout.

jward

ray,
yeah i like those selectors. i've used them on most of my layouts since the late 1970s. i really like the surface mounting, and the modular design of the atlas components. there is also an "o scale" version that has a much higher curent rating.....

those components really simplify the wiring of your railroad.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

rookie

RUNNER,
Thanks for the link, it was helpful. Thanks to everyone else for their help also. There is no crying in model railroading, is there? david

CNE Runner

Rookie: Hooboy...you haven't been around my house have you? My DPDT vs SPDT switch snafu is just one of a long line of 'cry-able' situations. I'm glad that NMRA website was helpful. Please remember that we are here for you and are always glad to hear of your progress...or problems (let me know if you run out of problems as I have plenty to share).

Be sure to check out Carl Arendt's website for some great ideas: http://www.carendt.com/index.html . Welcome to our family...pull up a chair and set awhile.

Ray