News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Big Hauler Kitbashing

Started by Tim Brien, May 25, 2007, 11:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Brien

For those who like to 'bash' their Big Hauler locomotives into something else,  then over the coming winter months (southern hemisphere),  I have decided to do several bashes on Bachmann locomotives that I acquired for the purpose.  All models will be freelance (remember that the ETW&NC/Tweetsie  is the only prototype loco that the Big Hauler is based on,  all other roadnames are ficticious for the loco in question).

The models being built are as follows -

4-4-4-0 superheated simple articulated mallet
2 off  mastodons (4-8-0), each with a different body style
4-6-2  pacific
4-6-0  ten-wheeler
4-4-2  Atlantic
4-4-0  modernised American

These projects are well inhand,  with chassis built and body mods commenced.  Remember that these are all freelance,  narrow-gauge models.  Those interested could visit mylargescale.com forum and check under the 'Model Making' forum section.  Do a search under my name, as in my posting name or under 'Bachmann'.  I have also some several more bashes on existing Bachmann locomotives to more represent the prototype.

The Bachmann loco is extremely easy to 'bash' and very user friendly as regards glue compatibility and ease of working/modifying.  I use only latest model spectrum Anniversary pieces,  but the timid amongst you could start with the easily available (cheaper) earlier model Big Haulers to start your bashes.  The Bachmann loco is a very rewarding basis to get involved.  Everyone of my locomotive bashes has a family look, but each is unique.

charon

There is no "model making" forum section at mylargescale.com.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

JerryB

Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

charon

Thanks Jerry and Tim,
I found it this time.  It looks great, keep up the posts.
Take Care,
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line