News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bridge info for SteamGene

Started by duker1, June 21, 2007, 09:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duker1

Hey,
  I went to Walther's site and did advanced search for HO bridges. Found about 400 (+/-) items dealing with all styles and types of bridges for various eras.
  Hope this helps.

The Duke....

SteamGene

Thanks, Duke.  Most of them are railroad bridges of one sort or another.  I've found one wooden bridge which would work mostly for a secondary/teriary road over the tracks, but if I use that, I still need a highway bridge over a stream.  This could well be the standard 9" sectional track bridge length - or it could be longer. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Bill Baker

Gene,

Go to Rixproducts.com.  Their catalogue has many highway bridges available.  I have one and they are a very nice replication.

Bill
Bill

brad

Gene,

I believe RIX makes highway overpasses if you  want a bridge that represents a major type of structure. You could always scratch build something to suit your needs

brad
I drempt, I planned, I'm building

SteamGene

Thanks Bill and Brad - the Rix older highway bridge over the tracks looks good.  Now to find the stream bridge - I'll go back to the Rix site and look at some more of their stuff, or I'll use the wooded bridge I've found in  a couple of locations.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

r.cprmier

A favourite of mine was always that little bridge the late Al Armitage drew up for one of MR's publications-it is a wooden affair, and is really pretty.  Another, I think Leo Campbell used it as a design base, was the straining pony truss Whit Towers also did.

HOWEVER....There is North Station, Boston, Mass; in the fifties!  Four two-track Scherzers at the main throat!  Now THAT'S Boston!!

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!