Bachmann Large Scale James Pic Found

Started by James The Red Engine, November 30, 2010, 02:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: JD417 on December 02, 2010, 08:43:33 PM
thats why i said MK2  ;)
Why are you making a new one? The one you have now is really good! How did you make it?

JD417

out of an atlas Co-Co Santa Fe diesel, Plasticard, paint, trackmaster BoCo (for the B.R. Symbols) and bachmann buffers, hook, and brakepipes  :)

PasqualeCS96

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Quote from: Sparks on December 01, 2010, 07:28:19 PM
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 01, 2010, 04:27:31 PM
But the thing is you guys can do that within a day ( Im not a modeler, I have no clue how to do it ) so why cant Bachmann do it within days?
Because if I recall correctly, models are designed on computers, and then they have to constantly make sure the prototype is operational, and acceptable by the community. Basically, it's a long process to actually design the product, then get it ready for the Chinese assembly lines.

This is just an assumption though based on how Dapol designed their N Scale "Terrier," and how Heljan is designing their Metropolitan Vicars.

Indeed. And additionally, it requires the cutting of new metal molds for the plastic parts. This is the most time-consuming and expensive part. You can't just use any metal for the manufacturing, not on this scale of production. Inferior metals will wear out under the stress of being used for mass-production.

Fixing the colour issues would be easy, though. They'd just have to use black paint for the wheels instead of gray, and paint the sides of his lower smokebox. Oh, and speaking of paintwork, here's a change I'd like to see made to the entire range: A protective gloss coat over the lining and numbers and whatnot, to keep them from being rubbed off too easily.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 09, 2010, 10:54:38 PM
Oh, and speaking of paintwork, here's a change I'd like to see made to the entire range: A protective gloss coat over the lining and numbers and whatnot, to keep them from being rubbed off too easily.

At this point I'd be fine with the sale of replacement labels/decals. My decals for James' wheel arches rubbed away after the fight with a black paint can to fix the smoke box coloration problems. I still wish I could find replacements because I think it would be too difficult to repaint the black lines.

Cheeky_ULP

Personally, I'd rather the models not be painted in gloss, but that's just me...

AJWPRODUCTIONS

But the thing is you guys can do that within a day ( Im not a modeler, I have no clue how to do it ) so why cant Bachmann do it within days?
Because if I recall correctly, models are designed on computers, and then they have to constantly make sure the prototype is operational, and acceptable by the community. Basically, it's a long process to actually design the product, then get it ready for the Chinese assembly lines.

This is just an assumption though based on how Dapol designed their N Scale "Terrier," and how Heljan is designing their Metropolitan Vicars.

Indeed. And additionally, it requires the cutting of new metal molds for the plastic parts. This is the most time-consuming and expensive part. You can't just use any metal for the manufacturing, not on this scale of production. Inferior metals will wear out under the stress of being used for mass-production.

Fixing the colour issues would be easy, though. They'd just have to use black paint for the wheels instead of gray, and paint the sides of his lower smokebox. Oh, and speaking of paintwork, here's a change I'd like to see made to the entire range: A protective gloss coat over the lining and numbers and whatnot, to keep them from being rubbed off too easily.
good idea Zelda

SodorAdventures

Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS on January 22, 2011, 06:48:49 AM

good idea Zelda

Um, I dont mean to sound bossy, but please dont dig up these old threads. If you wish, you can reply in the everything thomas thread. Thanks
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Rickenbacker 325

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHYqno62ctU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Here is a video of Jack Lynch holding James and the milk tanker from the G gauge line. Also, does any one see the poster in the back behind the freight cars. It shows Thomas and Percy in g gauge and a few in HO. I swear i can see Bill and Ben with Donald and Douglas in the poster. Please correct me if im wrong.

thomasj219

It's not I have seen that poster just the normal engine 1-7
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.