News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC question

Started by Kid Conductor, August 31, 2010, 08:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Conductor

Could standard Bachmann Trains work with the DCC on board controller? Thanks :)

Jim Banner

Locomotives without decoders normally run on dc from power packs.  They can also be run by the E-Z Command controller and several other systems.  But they cannot be run by the Bachmann Dynamis.

Note that dc locomotives run on DCC power tend to be noisy.  The noise is part of the process and cannot be eliminated.

Jim

Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

ABC

One note of caution: Do not leave DC trains on live DCC track as this can cause overheating and damage the loco. Also, do not run DC locos on DCC track for extended periods of time for the same reason. But, you can convert most DC to DCC to allow you to leave them on the track all the time or run them longer without any worries of damage.

NarrowMinded

After running DC loco's on dcc I have formed the opinion that it should not be done, there is no benifit and the risk of damage is high, I instantly destroyed an after marking lighting module I had put in my daughters Thomas by trying it on dcc. And the buzz... Well all my life I have shut things off when they started to buzz because it usually meant something was wrong.
For the cost of a cheap decoder you can avoid the price of a replacement loco.

Just my two cents
NM