Previous topic - Next topic

ap0317ah

what road names do you model
I model 1920s B&O. my locos are two 2-6-0 IHC, 2-8-0, 2-8-2 light mike,
4-6-0 bachmann, 4-4-0 bachmann and a 0-6-0

Tom
a 1920's Baltimore & Ohio modeler

sour rails

I am new to modeling, so I'd have to say whatever is cheapest for right now.  But if I had a choice, I would probably model Great Northern, Denver & Rio Grande, Southern Pacific, or Texas & Pacific, depending on whether steam or deisel.

Sam
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

SteamGene

I'm building the Blue Ridge Sub-division of the Alleghany Division of the Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont with the C&O having trackage rights.  Ever so often the layout will shift about 1000 miles west for the Milwaukee Road. 
OTOH, I have freight cars from almost every Class One railroad running in 1957.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Nigel

Norfolk & Western; 1950 to 1955; with a couple new diesels.  And the famous URwy (Undecorated Railway).
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

RAM

O.T.S.F. Ottawa, Tulse, and Santa Fe.  You never heard of it did you.  That is because it is my railroad based on the Sante Fe but I can do what I( want to.

BaltoOhioRRfan

I model B&O, C&O, with a Private Road(Pepsi Cola) and Misc roads
Numbers in teh () are how many I have of the loco in that road name

B&O Locos:
2-8-2 (3)
2-8-4
4-8-8-4
2-8-8-0
2-8-8-2
2-6-6-2
4-8-2 (2)
Doodlebug(3)
4-4-0(4, 2 "modern" 2 Oldtimers)
4-6-0
4-8-4 GS4
4-8-4 Niagra
2-8-0(Bachmann)
2-8-0(Camel Back)(Bachmann)
0-4-0 Dockside
0-4-0
0-6-0(2)
0-6-0T(2)
0-8-0
4-6-4
2-10-2(3, 1 IHC 2 Rivarossi put on IHC Chassis)
2-6-0
3 Truck Shay
3 Truck Heisler
4-6-2(3, 1 Mantuta, 2 IHC)
RDC-1(2)
RDC-2
F7 AB
F3 AB
4-2-0
2-6-0 Camelback
DD40

C&O
4-8-2(2, 1 Normal scheme 1 The George Washington)
2-8-0
GP7(2)
0-8-0
2-6-6-6
2-10-2

Pepsi Cola
4-4-0
4-6-0
(may add another loco soon)

Misc Road names
RF&P 2-8-4
Virginia and Truckee 4-4-0 Oldtimer
Thomas The Tank Engine 0-6-0T
American Freedom Train 4-8-4 T1
Elvis Presley C-628

Thats all the road names I have. Most of the MISC road names will be found on my Musuem on the layout I intend to build alon with 2 of the 4 B&O 4-4-0's.

If anyone would like to see my complete roster contact me on AIM. My AIM name is the same as my name here at bachmanntrains.com.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

ap0317ah

the muesam is a unque idea. I like it. What a great concept

Tom

Conrail Quality

I have a freelanced northeast corridor pseudo-layout with Amtrak, Conrail, Penn Central, and one lost Norfolk and Western E33(It was a great price!) I've also contemplated putting in a modified Pittsurgh PCC car (They were the first trains I ever rode on), but it's ended up in the same fanciful coner of my mind as kitbashing a Milwaukee Road electric.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

lanny

Hi Tom,

I model Illinois Central late steam and a few early 'Green Diamond' diesels. That would make my modeling era from the 1940s to the mid to late 1950s.

It's pretty hard for me not to be impressed by locomotives like this one:

My layout is basically designed so I can sit and watch trains run, with two large yards ... one a 'storage' yard and passener terminal, the other (still being built) an industrial switching area.

I get my biggest enjoyment out of 'kit bashing' and 'detailing' ICRR steam (there are very few accurate ICRR steam locomotives out there, and the few brass models that exist are way beyond my budget). I also do a little with IC diesel, but not much. I also enjoy building my 'rolling stock' from craftsman kits ... styrene and resin.

I've pretty much sold off all my 'shake the box' or 'ready to run' kits and slowy am replacing them with stuff that is 'craftsman kit' quality (except for my passenger trains of which I have an ICRR streamlined pulled by an 'E' unit diesel and an ICRR older style passenger train that will be pulled by either a 4-8-2 or a 4-6-2 (when those locomotives get kit bashed to ICRR standards).

Here's a laser wood craftsman kit (AMB) of an ICRR caboose I built:

I currently operate DC analog rather than DCC and this summer I hope to finish my layout and 'rewire' everything so two trains can be running on the mainlines while switching is going on in the large yards.

Here's a couple of photos of two HO model ICRR locomotives on my layout ... one is a resin kit completed (a very early diesel) and the other is an ICRR 2-8-0 steamer which is in the process of being completed.

This is an HH660 of which the ICRR had a very few when first built in the 1930s.

This is an ICRR Consolidation ... I have the pilot truck removed while doing final detailing and smoothing, before sanding.

lanny nicolet

My next 'kit bash' steam project will be a 4-8-2 from a Spectrum Heavy 4-8-2 or an IHC 4-8-2. 
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Larry

Paul M.

Quote from: sour rails on May 26, 2007, 04:16:43 PM
     I am new to modeling, so I'd have to say whatever is cheapest for right now.  But if I had a choice, I would probably model Great Northern, Denver & Rio Grande, Southern Pacific, or Texas & Pacific, depending on whether steam or deisel.

Sam

A fellow T&P modeler!  ;D

As you may have guessed, I model a freelanced, obscure segment of the Texas & Pacific on which Mopac ( partial owner of the T&P) and Southern Pacific (via trackage rights) are seen on its tracks.  My fictional branch also interchanges with the Santa Fe.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

kevin2083

I model the Camino, Placerville and Lake Tahoe Railroad. I have an Athearn S-12, a Bachmann 70T, A bachmann 3 truck shay, an Athearn GP-7, and an Athearn GP-38-2, all dcc equiped and painted for the CPLT. There is also an IHC mike, a mantua 0-4-0, and a mantua 0-4-0t, all awaiting decoders and CPLT paint.  The actual CPLT only had two 44 tonners and two 3 truck shays, but for my purposes, it was much bigger. Soon, I will be getting a 44 tonner from Bachmann and adding dcc (whenever I can find the money). There are also a few SP locos that will eventually work their way onto my layout, but that might be a while away.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Bill Baker

I model the Rock Island as it ran from Memphis through Little Rock and on to Oklahoma City.  Currently I am building the Choctaw station in Little Rock out of DPM components.  The original station is part of the Clinton Library complex in Little Rock.

I am trying to replicate the late steam/early diesel era with a touch of Missouri Pacific and Kansas City Southern.  My motive power consists of E-8s, F-7s and RS-3s with a newly acquired Proto 1000 RDC-3. I'm also developing a ficticional subsidiary of the Rock Island named the Central Arkansas.  It's composed of early heavy weight passenger cars and box cars not to exceed 40'.  These are pulled by Bachmann 4-6-0s and 2-8-0s.

Currently everything is DC, but I plan to convert over to DCC later on this year.
Bill

Orsonroy

I'm modeling the NKP's Peoria Division between Gibson City and Bloomington, Illinois, circa 1949. As such most of my motive power consists of NKP 2-8-2s, 2-8-4s, and the occasional 4-6-2 and 2-8-0. I model two connections with the IC, so I'll have their 2-8-0s and 2-8-2s as well. I also model the P&E (which was a subsidiary of the NYC) so I have examples of their 0-6-0s, 2-8-2s, 4-8-2s and 4-6-2s. I ALSO model a connection with both the Wabash and GM&O, so I have one of each road's 2-8-2s. The roster for the "operations" side of my layout runs to 40 engines or so.

And then there's the collection. I'm a fan of the C&IM and TP&W, so I have the raw material sitting around to eventually model at least six of their engines. As a fan of the NKP, I also have examples of most of the steam that they ever rostered, including stuff that never ran west of Ohio (like the 2-6-6-2s and heavy 2-8-2s) and their Hudsons. I've got a pretty large pile of old Mantua engines from my old freelanced line, now without a job. Finally, I'm starting to slowly pick up Bachmann 4-4-0s and 4-6-0s, and IHC 2-6-0s, for the eventual time that I'm able to run 1914 period op sessions. The collection runs to 70-85 engines.
Ray Breyer
Modeling the NKP's Peoria Division, 1949

ap0317ah

Roy

I like the NKP too what a fine road
The IHC 2-6-0's are great locos 

TOM