Whats the hold up on Tidmouth Sheds

Started by SodorAdventures, August 23, 2010, 12:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SodorAdventures

Hello Peoples ;) ,

I have a question to ask to the Bachmann and everyone here:

WHAT IS THE HOLD UP ON TIDMOUTH SHEDS?

So, could it be production issues, copyright issues, We want our fans to die of patience issues ;)  ...

Anyways, I think that, well,  I am not sure

-Sodoradventures
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Anthony P2

its said to be here september. Patience is a virtue.

SodorAdventures

Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

PerfectPercy

Quote from: SodorAdventures on August 23, 2010, 05:05:07 PM

I just it comes in september...   

What?

Anyway, if Bill and Ben are delayed..., I'm not surprised that the sheds are delayed. It seems like everything is delayed.

Anthony P2

bill and ben were delayed? awwww maaaan   :-\

JD417

Quote from: Anthony P2 on August 23, 2010, 06:33:26 PM
bill and ben were delayed? awwww maaaan   :-\

u didnt know Bill and Ben were delayed? they were supposed to come out in July and now they're coming out in september...

Anthony P2

i knew about they were delayed back in july, but i thought that they were supposed to come out mid-august, now it's september?

Hoss

Quote from: Anthony P2 on August 23, 2010, 09:56:41 PM
i knew about they were delayed back in july, but i thought that they were supposed to come out mid-august, now it's september?
Bachman is taking their time and making good models. Donald, Douglas, Bill and Ben are all new toolings, so, personally, I was expecting this. Tidmouth Sheds is a bit more complex, so its also no surprise either.

Cheeky_ULP

Boxes must be the difficulty in product design.. Or mass manufacturing..  ::) Not sure which

ZeldaTheSwordsman

It is a time-consuming process to cut the metal molds for the parts of each model. And Bachmann may have a set of specific release slots. Projects that fall behind schedule or are completed ahead of schedule can take up slots meant for something else. As well, the Thomas range is far from Bachmann's only line. Donald, Douglas, and others may have been bumped because Bachmann has an expensive, big-ticket item planned for holiday release that they don't want competing for sales with the new Thomas items. Or perhaps they don't want to release these new Thomas items at retail during a major discount period. Who knows.

PasqualeCS96

It still is a shame not only that but I go back to school tomorrow. :( :( :( :'( :'( :'(

Michigan Railfan

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on August 24, 2010, 08:31:15 AM
It still is a shame not only that but I go back to school tomorrow. :( :( :( :'( :'( :'(
Tomorrow? Wher do you live? I dont go back until September 7th. Maybe you got out earlier then me. What day did you get out? I know in Canada they don't get out of schol until around the end of june, but they go back around the same time as us. lol and why would they send you back on a wednesday? Sorry if my spellings a little off, just woke up. I went to a Green Day concert in detroit yesterday, so i'm pretty tired.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on August 23, 2010, 11:13:06 PM
Or perhaps they don't want to release these new Thomas items at retail during a major discount period. Who knows.

It's a "major discount period" all of the time because retailers need their products off the shelves. We, America at least, are in a recession. Of course prices are low. That really shouldn't back order everything.

I'm just glad that when they take this long, they won't make the silly mistakes they made on James and Percy. For some reason, Thomas is fine.\

Anyway, it's not like they are pulling the plug on us or anything. It's just a general delay. All areas of marketing have this issue on a day-to-day basis. The automotive industry, for example, delays the "release time" a majority of the time.

They all have their reasons, so why make numerous threads with these questions? I would say that 40-50% of the Thomas and Friends board are created through impatience. Why isn't something like this in the Everything Thomas topic? ::)

ThomasFan247

Well at least we have one empty slot filled by the LS Thomas' Snowplow ::)

Cheeky_ULP

Bit off subject but I've been in school since early August.. so yeah. :P No fun for me

I don't think the recession has anything to do with Bachmanns models now. They did fine in 2008 and 2009, so I don't see any issues this year either.