Whats the hold up on Tidmouth Sheds

Started by SodorAdventures, August 23, 2010, 12:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SodorAdventures

Quote from: JD417 on October 17, 2010, 10:56:31 AM
oh yeah i forgot about knapford sheds, hmm, yeah ill use that  ;D

and 1 question about knap. sheds how many lines are there?

From the image, I found 4 stalls in the shed.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

ThomasFan247

Quote from: PerfectPercy on October 16, 2010, 08:23:21 PM
Quote from: JD417 on October 16, 2010, 01:55:21 PM
Quote from: Anthony P2 on October 16, 2010, 11:43:15 AM
Quote from: JD417 on October 15, 2010, 04:27:29 PM
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on October 15, 2010, 03:01:03 PM
Out of curiosity will they be part of your staem team as well it said in your cast list video the second one
Quote from: JD417 on October 14, 2010, 07:23:54 PM
well as u guys may or may not know i have my own character named emalina (emilys sister) and my "Steam Team" will include 1-8, 11, and 12, and 13 (obviously u shoyld know 1-8) and oliver for 11 (DUH!) and i feel that when emily became a main character she kinda took the number 12 and then of course emalina takes 13
so i will need 2 tidmouth sheds that gives me 10 stalls and 2 turntables (the turnable i will probaly use for my steamworks but thats a diff story ;)) and then i need 1 expansion pack to get the required 11  :) :) :)
One set of Tidmouth sheds can have a maximum of 12 stalls though

your point?  ???

his point is: why do you need to get two when you could just get add on stalls?

it would be cheaper to get 2 T. S. rather than buying 6 expansion packs and plus i get a bonus turntable  ;)

Two Tidmouth Sheds and turntables would be $350 with tax! :o One Tidmouth Sheds and a turntable with 6 add-ons would be $385. Wow. Both prices are terribly expensive. Good luck getting the funds for that project.

I'd rather get one with a turntable, one add-on and make my own shed that is basically a rectangle because it wouldn't need to go around a turntable.

Have fun with it.
He could always buy from Trainworld or any other model railroading store that sells the Bachmann Thomas line. Trainworld's Tidmouth Sheds is 119.99. Their expansion pack is 23.99. Cuts the bill down to 239.98 (two sheds w/turntable). Big difference, huh? You pay 110.02 less  ;D

PasqualeCS96

I wish I could have sheds on my layout, Its not that big and it only has two sidings. Unless i extend it to make another train yard Its a 8 by 4 incase your wondering

PerfectPercy

Quote from: SodorAdventures on October 17, 2010, 11:52:53 AM
oh yeah i forgot about knapford sheds, hmm, yeah ill use that  ;D

From the image, I found 4 stalls in the shed.

That is incorrect. The picture only shows about half of the entire rectangular shed.

oh yeah i forgot about knapford sheds, hmm, yeah ill use that  ;D

I have reason to believe it is 8, with it divided down the middle so there are 4 on each side with one track going next to the shed on both sides. 8 shed tracks, 2 side tracks.

The arrangement of tracks go like this (bare with me because of no picture):

1 Track /SPACE/ 3 tracks /SPACE/ 3 tracks /SPACE/ 1 track

Hope it all makes sense.

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on October 18, 2010, 05:38:21 PM
I wish I could have sheds on my layout, Its not that big and it only has two sidings. Unless i extend it to make another train yard Its a 8 by 4 incase your wondering

You could definitely fit more than that on your layout. I started with an 8 by 6 and I can see that you can easily have a 2 track loop with a small shunting yard or two, a station, and a shed without a turntable (Knapford Sheds?).

Cheers

PasqualeCS96

The thing is i dont have a bsaement to put the layout in and the track wiring and most scnery is alreadin place also some the tracks are nailed to the table

PerfectPercy

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on October 20, 2010, 08:31:12 PM
The thing is i dont have a bsaement to put the layout in and the track wiring and most scnery is alreadin place also some the tracks are nailed to the table

Take out the nails..... ::) Where there isn't scenery, couldn't you do something? Almost all layouts have scenery removed and replaced with something else at some point. I don't even really have scenery and I'm removing foam hills and elevations everywhere I look. ;)

You said you wished you had sheds, and there are some options. ;D

PasqualeCS96

Thanks but its complicated to explain and when I say I have scenery I mean I already have grass glued down, roads painted, and a lake-not much I can do.