News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Your dream loco for Bachmann to produce

Started by J.A.M., August 31, 2010, 04:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lvrr325

Quote from: Royce Wilson on December 08, 2010, 09:24:51 AM
Would it be possible to add one more driver to the IF 4-4-0 and make a smal mogul?
A baldwin like we are wanting, would this work?

Royce ::)

If you can find one, put an IHC HO 2-6-0 chassis under it.  Should come out just like you want.  I have a similar-dimension plastic kit I'm planning to do the same with, as soon as I find a beater that's priced reasonably. 

Royce Wilson

I have bashed moguls using the old IHC running gear, I was just trying to suggest a cheap way for Bachmann to give us a nice and small freight locomotive during these troubling finincial times. ::)

The Sandy River number 5 Hinkley would be a nice model and fit on a lot of small layouts, also the Baldwin 2-6-2T trench locomotives of WW1 and the British 4-6-0 Hunslet would be awesome! they would be small for HO scale!

Royce

mowasst

As for the coments on John Olsens loco just take a look at Disneylands #2 C K Holliday or even Walt Lilly Belle which Bachmann already makes. It's pretty much the same loco with a few embellishments  added to it like the antlers on the Headlamp. I would buy up a Disney loco in a heartbeat. Plus you have the added buying power of the casual Disney shopper at one of the parks or Disney stores buying the product even if they do not model in that scale or even if they model at all. Crappy little New Bright set sell for 100 buck a pop a Disneyland and they don't even look like a Disney loco but at the park there is a HIGH I Want factor at play. The semi accurate model of the Lilly belle by heartland  sold out in a manner of days and let's not even get started on extremely expensive accurate model that accucraft made a little while later. I know people that bought models just to put on the shelf!
  So for me it would be C K Holliday (4-4-0)
                                    E P Ripley (4-4-0)
                                    Earnest S Marsh (2-4-0)
                                    Fred Gruley (2-4-4T Forney)
You better do something, you idiot, because in ten minutes you're going to have two hundred tons of locomotive smashing through Central Station on its way to Marshall Field's.

dtpowell

I'll cast my vote for any Garrett Bachmann would choose to manufacture. A unusual and very attractive loco type that would work well in 0n30.

sd90mac

Any of the EBT mikes or M1.  Even a loco like M7 would be interesting.

Gunslinger_Fur

Hey!! What about a "Left Handed" Shay!!? ;D ;)

And NO, this is NOT an altered photo!!
A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".

jgraveen

Maine 2-Foot locos:
- Portland 0-4-4 (SR&RL, B&SR, KC, WW&F)
- SR&RL #19 and WW&F #6  2-6-2
- WW&F #4/ B&SR #4 Porter 0-4-4

Tomcat

Let it please be something "really Narrow Gauge" for us "narrow minded" freaks...

-Logging:         West Side Heisler, preferably No.3 or No.2
-Logging:         A more "chunky" and modern Shay
-Logging:         The long overdue... H...... engine, no-I´m not saying the H-word again...

-Colorado:       RGS 20 and RGS 74/C&S 74
-Colorado:       A reliable and well detailed K-27, just your Fn3 model in On30 please (including RGS 455)

-Maine:            SR&RL No.23 (somehow a "lil Mudhen to me - beeing a Colorado Narrow Gauger...)

That´s not much, isn´t it...?  ;) ;) ;)

Please lift the secrets a bit what´s coming next. We all know about the struggles all the companies have been through and still are, but I think it would be time to let us know what´s out of the hat next...

Happy new year to you all out there.
Tom :)