Main Menu

Plans for labor day weekend?

Started by jettrainfan, September 02, 2010, 08:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jettrainfan

So...anybody got plans?

for me, Alice cooper,trains and planes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Jhanecker2

Nothing special going on I hope .  Firing up the grill at some point . Picked up a piece of London Broil and thinking about potatoes and sweet corn .  Weather is supposed to be cooler ,should  be thinking about cutting the grass again I've got more than an acre to mow.    However , I am tempted to shoot some arrows , bought an old used compound at a garage sale ,cleaned & reworked it ,then reflectched  4 dozen arrows because the plastic vanes had disintegrated .   Did buy some train equipment , got a long train platform by Heljan , a bottle of  CA for plastic  those small tubes are constantly going bad.  It's raining at the moment , it has been fairly dry but muggy . The UP freight out of Belevidere just went by heading East , by  the vibration and its length it was loaded with auto-carriers.  Good Night All  I'm watching the last Bear's pre-season Game ,their in Cleveland playing the Browns .  John II

richg

Girl friend and I going to a small railroad museum to operate an old standard gauge hand car. That ought to be some good exercise.
Also going to a RC plane meet.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday night dancing to rock bands nearby. We are 70 year old kids. Life sure is good second time around.

Rich

jward

planning on taking my son out saturday to watch some trains. not that he can't do that from my apartment, but sometimes a change of location is good. last weekend we rode the light rail. this weekend we'll be on NS. sunday we might go spend some time on CSX, or go to a friends house.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

mlrr

My parents are down here for the weekend  ;D

That also means that my train room/office/guest bedroom is being used = partial dismanteling of my layout = no train running   :(

Is it worth it?  Yes ;D
~Kyle
The Mary Lindsay Railroad - Featuring Amtrak Model Trains
www.marylindsayrr.vze.com

Michigan Railfan

Let's see. Maybe go over to my friends house and run some trains, watch tv (like I do every day :p), and practice getting up at 6:45 for Jr. High school (8th grade). I was gonna go over to Canada this weekend to my grandma's cottage in Amherstburg (it's right on lake Erie), but I decided I wanted this weekend to myself since it's the last weekend before school starts  :'(

ebtnut

Jeff:  I need to ride the light rail again sometime.  I haven't ridden the Library line since before they rebuilt the line and dumped the PCC's.  Probably not going to happen this weekend.  We plan to drive up tomorrow but have painting to do on our house in McKeesport and don't want to drive back on Monday :P  I might get to take a break Sunday a.m. and go look at trains - Maybe over by Irwin or Manor on NS.  Depends on the weather and what we get on on Saturday. 

pipefitter

I'm going to try to catch up on some airbrushing trains on the back porch. It's just been way too hot out there all summer, but now it's finally cooled off. Got several "projects" soaking in jars of DOT3 brake fluid to strip them before repaint.

Oh, and I'm gonna eat a lot of hot dogs, corn on the cob and backyard tomatoes ;D

Robert :)
Grew up next to B&O's Metropolitan Branch - Silver Spring Maryland

jward

ebt

the "rebuild" of the library line was merely a respacing of track centers. that line is the only part of the system that still looks like it did in the 1970s.

the overbrook line was completely rebuilt, curves straightened, regraded, etc. instead of pcc cars meandering through the woods, you now have a 40 mph rapid transit line. it is now the primary line, with the beechview/mt lebanon cars only running to castle shannon. the drake line has been unused since the pccs were retired. the curves were too sharp to get the lrv's down to the drake loop.

if you do go to the ns line, watch where you go. the ns cop rides the right of way looking for atv's to harass. btw, between pitcairn and irwin, the line goes over about a half dozen stone arch bridges. most can only be seen from the creek bed.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

r0bert

at club finishing yard track placement.

Guilford Guy

Quote from: richg on September 02, 2010, 11:47:50 PM
Girl friend and I going to a small railroad museum to operate an old standard gauge hand car. That ought to be some good exercise.

Good exercise is right! My friends and I took one up and down the Seashore Trolley Museum mainline... about 2 miles each way, and up hill all the way to the loop. That was exhausting!
Alex

Terry Toenges

Grandkids are here and they will help me dismantle my Christmas layout tomorrow. It's been up for a few years and looking dirty. I might do an around the wall layout.
Feel like a Mogul.

Jim Banner

Together with a bunch of model railroad buddies, I will be continuing work on an addition to my garage.  The original garage hasn't had a vehicle in it for years.  It is my workshop but is getting so cluttered with trains and woodworking projects that the choices were to burn it down, blow it up, or make it bigger.  I am really looking forward to having two separate work areas - a dirty area (think motor oil, road salt and sawdust) and a clean area (think trains and the like.)

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

jonathan

Kids start school next week.  So we took 'em to the beach this week, and just got back.

Besides burning some meat on the grill, I'm getting a chance to work on a loco project.  A future thread is in the works...

Regards,

Jonathan

BaltoOhioRRfan

Gonna work on my website baltoohiorrfan.webs.com until about 11:30 then sleep for work tonight.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF