News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

3 truck climax

Started by WTierce1, September 04, 2010, 08:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTierce1

When is  it going to be released?  ??? Soon? ???
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

ABC

They are slated for late October or early November delivery from what I've seen.

WTierce1

I've thoughtt it was supposed to be a september release.

mattyg1306

As I've learned from experience, when Bachmann says its a September release, that usually means the end of September.  Furthermore, that is even more tentative for the customer because that date is when they START shipping to RETAILERS and E-TAILERS, not necessarily when the customer is able to bring it home.  I'd say it would be a safe bet that you could have one in your possession by Christmas (I'm actually asking for one for Christmas, let my loved ones have all the headaches of acquiring it...'tis the season, afterall!  ;) )  I am also asking for a WM RS-3...which isn't "scheduled for release" until November, which means I can plan on having it in time for my birthday in February  :P .

Anyway, has anyone seen any more photos beyond the original one of the test model?  I'm really interesting in seeing what paint scheme they choose for the Cass Scenic Railroad version...especially since Cass hasn't finalized their decision on how they plan to paint the prototype when they finish restoring it (to date, it has never been lettered for CSRR...although it has been on site for 40+ years!).  Its hard to tell what they will decide...a few years ago they decided to repaint their Heisler locomotive to its "factory new" paint scheme...boxed in silver lettering, as opposed to the gold trim and lettering it had at Cass previously.  How will Cass ultimately choose to paint the prototype Climax?  How will Bachmann choose to portray it sight unseen?  This could really be interesting...   :D

WTierce1

Actually they have a photo of a climax loco on peach creek shops site. They actually already have them listed on there site fora fairly good prise for $275.00, and that's with SOUND!!! I would like to have the red windows and white stripes version with sound. It takes me a while to save up for this stuff because I am 12 years old so I'm exited about that price.

mattyg1306

wtierce--

Thanks for letting me know about Peach Creek Shops...that's a pretty fair price!  I hope you are able to come up with enough to acquire one for your collection, or maybe you can do as I do and ask for it for Christmas!  Have you seen any pics of the Cass or Moore-Keppel versions yet?  

WTierce1