News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Argent Lumber Company

Started by kcsivils1, September 07, 2010, 10:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcsivils1

I would like to suggest the Argent Lumber Company as a source of prototypes for the Bachmann. All seven of this throwback logging line's locomotives are still in existence and two are in operation on the Mid-west Central. 

The wheel arrangements include 2-6-0s, a 2-6-2 and a pair of 2-8-0s. Any of the seven would make a great locomotive and while not large locomotives, they are not a tiny Porter either (with the possible exception of the 3-spot which really was tiny even for a 2-6-0). The 2-6-2 would make for a different locomotive and could easily be kitbash-ed or re-detailed into a wide range of neat looking locomotives.

The Argent was built cheaply and operated the same way. Yet some of its motive power came from common carrier lines, such as #2 and #6. The rolling stock was homemade and "scratch-built" comes to mind for anything other than a logging car, which was usually the source of the underframe for the rolling stock in question.

Of course, those cabbage stacks look cool on those tiny locomotives as well.

Just a thought.

mabloodhound

#4 is in Connecticut http://public.fotki.com/Peirce/connecticut/cama/argentlumbercono4.html
If you Google Argent Lumber Co you get some nice returns of engines, etc.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

Dusten Barefoot

Yes, I'll back you on this. There is actually a locomotive for sale from that line. I don't know how it ended up in Calie though.

Rock On!
~Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten