News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Alco PA Documentation

Started by vsyrek1945, September 10, 2010, 08:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsyrek1945

Is there an owner's manual and/or parts list available for the Alco PA?

I just acquired a partially dismantled Santa Fe A-A set that's missing its truck side frames and center rail pick-ups, and I could use assembly diagrams to reassemble the pilots and couplers.  According to its previous owner, the set was to be converted to 2-rail, but the project didn't get done, and the missing parts were used on other projects.

Thanks and regards,
Vince

phillyreading

Have you tried going to the parts listing here on the website? They have some of the parts lsited for center rail rollers and insulators for sale.
The truck side frames may not be listed as yet, and they don't have to be installed for the operation of the engine, use a flat washer for spacing if needed.
The couplers go on the front or rear and attach to a little hole that sticks out from the motor assembly.

Lee F.

vsyrek1945

Quote from: phillyreading on September 11, 2010, 11:00:21 AM
Have you tried going to the parts listing here on the website? They have some of the parts lsited for center rail rollers and insulators for sale.
The truck side frames may not be listed as yet, and they don't have to be installed for the operation of the engine, use a flat washer for spacing if needed.
The couplers go on the front or rear and attach to a little hole that sticks out from the motor assembly.

Lee F.

Lee:

The only parts listed on the website so far are are center rail roller assembly components common to all the diesels.  A lot of these came with the A-A set I have, but in a plastic container, and I'd like a diagram, much as in the old Lionel manuals, to show their assembly order.  I know the couplers fit on the appropriate fixtures on the trucks, but I've learned that centering springs and their associated mounting parts can be tricky, making this another case where an assembly diagram will make a great difference in my frustration threshold. 

As far as operating the PA's without their truck side frames, I have a five word reply:  only on a test track.  I'm old enough to have ridden behind PA's on the New Haven in the late 1950s and early 1960s, and to me running a set in such an incomplete state would be an insult to their memory.

I was hoping that 3rail or the bach man might have been able to post the relevant PDF in response to my request, as I've seen F7 documents on the Forum.  I'll probably call the Parts and Support line at some point, and hope for the best there.

Thanks,
Vince

3rail

Hi Vince,

Sorry for the slow reply.  Here is the link to the documentation for the PA-1:
ALCO PA-1 Powered & Dummy instruction sheets and Parts Lists.

If you contact our parts department, we should have the parts that you need.  We are still working on getting all of the parts on-line.

Regards,

3rail

vsyrek1945

Many thanks , 3rail.  No apologies necessary.

Regards,
Vince