News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO roundhouse

Started by jayo, September 10, 2010, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayo

I really like the idea of the Tidmouth Turntable!  I hope to get it when I can, as I can really use it, not necessarily for the Thomas engines.

So what I'm asking is for a US steam railroad style turntable and sheds for EZ track!   

ABC

Bachmann just released a North American style 87.5ft turntable. Atlas and Walthers make roundhouses among others.

jward

i doubt that you'd be able to use the atlas roundhouse with the bachmann turntable.
looking at the bachmann turntable, it appears that there are spaces for 18 radial tracks, plus 2 spots taken up by the shed housing the motor. this works out to a spacing of 20 degrees between tracks. the atlas turntable has 21 positions for radial tracks, plus 3 taken up by the motor. this works out to a 15 degree spacing. the atlas roundhouse is designed for ise with the atlas turntable's 15 degree spacing.

i am not sure about the walthers roundhouse.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

ABC

Walthers is 10 degrees, also there is Helijan, Kibri, Faller, Noch, Scale Structures, Vollmer is 15 degrees and come as 3 or 6 stall, $165 or $270. I know for sure the Vollmer roundhouses would work, but you can check on the Heljian, Kibri, Scale structures, and the others to see how many degrees they are...

Doneldon

jayo-

I put the new (15o) Atlas turntable (about 9 inches or 67 scale feet long) on my grandson's small layout and it mates up perfectly with, I'm pretty sure, a Walthers roundhouse.
                                                                                          -- D

ABC

On the walthers website it says that the one type is 10 degrees and does not mention the other ones degrees.

jward

the roundhouse with 10 degree stalls could be made to work with a 20 degree turntable, but i doubt one with 15 degree stalls would.

in all reality, looking at the photos, the tidmouth sheds roundhouse doesn't look bad. and it's designed to work with a 20 degree turntable.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA