News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dcc system

Started by rookie, September 10, 2010, 11:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rookie

Hey guys, whose system would you recommend, Bachmann, Digitrax, Nce, Mrc? Lhs guy says some don't have enough amps to blow horns,etc. How many amps are needed when you have roughly 60 to 65 feet of track and probably won/t run over a couple of trains. Really interested in sound on locos. talk to me, thanks david

ABC

The E-Z Command can only handle operating 1 or 2 sound locos simultaneously. The Dynamis is a better choice and lets you control all the sounds whereas the E-Z Command limits you to 10 functions.

Doneldon

rook-

The EZCommand system is probably the only one you don't want.  Everything else has a bit more power which would allow you to operate at least two, maybe three, locos with sound.  That may not be true if the lokies themselves are older ones with hungrier motors, but I'm guessing yours are of fairly recent vintage.

-- D

CNE Runner

While my current layout is DC, my last project was DCC - and I was very satisfied with the MRC Prodigy Advanced unit. DCC is easy to set up (much easier and less wiring than DC) and has so many more functions than the old DC.

Just my opinion,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

jgaynor

I would agree that The MRC Prodigy Advance is your best be. I have the Advanced2. if you need more power you could always add a booster to it
I do it all for the love of my son Cameron

vidguy069

I also have the MRC advanced2.  I was able to run 2 locos, both with sound at the same time with no noticeable loss of power. I also have all DCC switches/turnouts.  All work great without a power booster.  My nest project may require it sometime.

NOTE: the on-line manual for the MRC has directions for programming The DCC turnouts.   REAL easy.

Hope this helps.

Vidguy069