News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

First Large Scale set in a while...

Started by raveoned, June 18, 2010, 04:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry BBT

Bill,

I think we are in agreement.  Annie is a good 'pure' designation.  From my stand point, everything else is "Plus", but you are suggesting another label.  Perhaps, Standard and Annie would work.

I am suggesting to prospective customers for my drives that they consider converting an Annie rather than investing in a"plainer" standard model, just a better use of they're money.  

I do make two different drives, the "Plus" (or standard), is rigid with stainless steel siderods, the Annie version takes advantage of the hinged metal siderods, so I add an equalized front axle.  Then I add a reed switch to pickup magnets milled on the back of one of the blind drivers for the chuff signal.  The motor and gearing in both drives is the same.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.

Loco Bill

Barry,

I would have to agree with you that the Annie is the best if some one wants to put in one of your great drives get an  equalized front axle!

It is great that your customers have a choice, and I have recommended your drive many times!

Bill
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Barry BBT

Thanks, Bill.

Good to know.

Check George Schreyer's site, he has installed a BBT Annie Drive, very good description and photos.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.

Loco Bill

Barry,
Been to Georges site many times and often recommend him myself,  He is a credit to the hobby that is for sure!!!   I had the good fortune to meet him a few years ago.  What a guy!!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products