News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

#4 or #5 Turnout in N scale please?

Started by klunker, September 13, 2010, 10:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klunker

Dear Mr. Bachmann,

The current Bachmann N scale, 11.25" radius turnout is fine but not if you want to combine it with the N scale Crossovers. The crossovers require a different radius turnout if you intend to match turnouts and crossovers in say a yard or siding type setting.

In fact it says on the package that "... you may consider purchasing larger EZ Track turnouts to allow for smoother tansitions during switching operations....."

I'd really love to do that but exhaustive search reveals no such turnouts. Do they exist or are they soon to arrive? I prefer Bachmann product and would like to be able to get these turnouts.

What can you tell me?

ABC

They have a #6 wye, and the #6 crossovers, for everything else you need to use another manufacturer. When they say larger E-Z track turnouts they are referring to the crossovers and the wye.

klunker

ABC

Thanks for taking the time to reply. That's disappointing. There is a #6 Wye, a #6 crossover and NO corresponding turnout.  ???

You have to know that people starting out in N scale are just going to abandon Bachmann EZ Track and go straight to some other manufacturers system. Pretty simple remedy to introduce the right turnout to match already existing product and start making money on N scale.

I wouldn't be in model railroading if it weren't for Bachmann and I was going to add an N scale layout as an option to my HO layout. But the lack of an appropriate switch in Bachmann EZ Track is a real disincentive. I'm not into jury rigging different turnouts from different companies into a layout.

I guess I'll just wait for someone in product development to wake up.

ABC

It is easy to incorporate other track into the layout, after you ballast all of your track, you can't hardly notice just use cork roadbed to make it level with the E-Z track.

klunker

Dear ABC

Hmmm now you got me thinking. I have EZ Command and all manual switches on my layout. So the insertion of another manufactureres switch isn't going to affect the EZ Command and it's simply a leveling of the 2 different kinds of track?

If so, thanks for the suggestion and for taking the time to reply.

Much appreciated.