News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Forum Change?

Started by mabloodhound, September 14, 2010, 10:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabloodhound

Is it just my computer or has the forum layout been changed?
The left sidebar is missing with all the links on my forum view.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

jonathan

The links are now above.  I surfed around a bit.  You can still find all the info.  It will take a little getting use to.

I'll start to get nervous when the new Bach-Man starts to wink or wiggle that giant moustache. :)

R,

J

GTBob

"If a man does his best, what else is there!"--General George S. Patton Jr.

Bucksco

The Bachmann website homepage has been redesigned.

Nathan

The changes you have made to the web site are causing problems when using FireFox as my browser.

Bucksco

The changes were tested on multiple browsers. You may want to check your personal settings within your browser.

pipefitter

I have found everything I used to look for, however I have one serious problem. (I'm using MS IE8 on Win XP) The links at the top of the page, Product information etc... Used to be I could right click on those links and open them in a new tab. This does not work with the new forum setup. Now you can only left click on those links and open them while having to leave the forum behind.

It was useful to be able to have two or more tabs open, for example when answering another forum member's question. You could stay with your forum page and open product information in another tab to provide a link and answer to the questioner. Can't do that anymore - it's either the forum or the p/i and that is a problem.

Robert
Grew up next to B&O's Metropolitan Branch - Silver Spring Maryland

mhampton

The right-click problem exists with Firefox, too.

Michigan Railfan

Seems to exist on my iPod touch too. It uses Safari. Usually if I hold a link (something that you can open by clicking it), but it's just highlighted and doesn't bring up a page that gives you a list of things to do. Not a big deal for me though.

Bucksco

The webmaster is aware of the "right click issue" and is working on it.

mabloodhound

I'm relieved.   I just had to buy a new monitor (not totally happy with it) and thought it might be the problem.
Fixing the right click will also be good.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

Nathan

I have checked against other web sites, and from what I had on the old Bachmann web site.

The problem is with the home page, the part that shows the 'highlighted' products.  If I see anything it shows up as a very small square maybe 1/4 inch.

My system is an HP zv6100 Pavilion laptop
AMD 3200 processor
2 Gig memory
display 1280x800

Debian Linux 5.0.6 with all updates
Gnome desktop 2.22.3

Mozilla Firefox 3.6.1 with all updates
with add-on's:
Download Statusbar 0.9.7.1
Flagfox 4.0.8
NoScript 2.0.3

In NoScript Bachmann is set for allow all.

I have seen this type of problem when a Microsoft Software Product was used to create the web site and all Microsoft cares about is a person using all Microsoft products.

I have no problems with the following web sites:
Atlas
Caboose Hobbies
Kalmbach / Garden Railways
Kadee
Kato
Marklin
Micro-Trains
TrainWorld
Walthers
Woodland Scenics

or any of a number of other model railroad related web sites.

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: jonathan on September 14, 2010, 10:35:57 AM
I'll start to get nervous when the new Bach-Man starts to wink or wiggle that giant moustache. :)

If you don't drink too much Mountain Dew, that shouldn't happen.  ;D

Cheers,
Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

mf5117

I agree check your settings . I navigate threw the site rather well and no problens at all . I feel they did a good job on the site . I just have an old cheap Compaq laptop . works great .

Even my sons Intel I7 core processor ,1gig pci-e video card . figured it would be to fast .but no problems with it either navigating the site .