News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Wheels

Started by Broken Shay, September 14, 2010, 10:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broken Shay

Looking for just On30 wheels, not wheels and trucks, just wheels.  Are they sold?

thanks
John

ebtnut

On30 wheels = HO wheels, in terms of flange, tread width, etc.  For all intents and purposes, On3 wheels also = On30 wheels.  Here's a place to start:  http://www.nwsl.com/

ebtbob

John,

I have enough On30 wheels to do 15 cars.   Contact me at ebtbob@verizon.net.   
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

railtwister

Quote from: Broken Shay on September 14, 2010, 10:50:03 AM
Looking for just On30 wheels, not wheels and trucks, just wheels.  Are they sold?

thanks
John

John,

Kadee has some, check out: <http://kadee.com/htmbord/page300.htm>

Regards,
Bill

C.S.R.R. Manager

I bought a set of San Juan Car Co On30 wheels, and they are very nice.  Perfect fit for the Bachmann trucks, but they come in a black finish.

manager

ebtbob

What do the San Juan On30 wheel sets cost?
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

C.S.R.R. Manager

$5.00 for a set of 4.  SKU: 23135110 at Caboose Hobbies.

manager

kcsivils1

Foothill Modelworks also offers On30 (or On3) wheelsets. These have the ribbed back and raised lettering for the prototype steel works that manufactured the prototype wheel the model ones are based on. I just don't remember who the "real" steel works was.

You can do a search for Foothill Modelworks on the web and find their website. They also have a wide range of beautiful kits for trucks, as well as On30 rolling stock that is outstanding.

And for those who want working link-n-pin couplers they have those as well. I have a few pairs mounted on some log cars. They use KD #5 coupler pockets and the KD centering device so they self-center like a KD coupler.

Tomcat

Did you folks see that Kadee produces On30 wheels now too?
Ribbed back wheels - Denver Griffin Iron Works style: Kadee #300 for 24ยดยด diameter wheels (8 per pack)

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Broken Shay

Thanks for the reply guys,

I thought at some point I saw a "bulk" pack of Bachmann wheels.

I have some of the KD 24" On30 wheels and they do work, but the flange is a little rough and requires some "cleaning"

Thanks
John