News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GE 45-Ton sale

Started by CNE Runner, September 15, 2010, 09:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNE Runner

I took the advice of some fellow posters and bought a Bachmann GE 45-Ton switching locomotive. I was amazed at how well the 'critter' ran and - after a couple of weeks, am even more amazed. Bachmann has definitely 'knocked one out of the park' with this product and they have my appreciation.

More to the point: I searched the Internet and found a yellow, undecorated version for $81 (the MSRP is $130). Yesterday, I received my new Micro Mark catalog and they are advertising this same locomotive model (painted, undecorated, and their choice of colors) for $72.95!!! Check me on this, but I believe the color choices would be: yellow, red, green, and black...remember Micro Mark chooses.

If you need a smooth running, small switching locomotive the Bachmann Spectrum GE 45-Ton model is the one for you...at $72.95 it is a steal. For those of you with DC layouts: the Spectrum 45-Tonner runs like butter and gives you the option of keeping a good running engine should you decided to transition to DCC in the future. Thank you Bachmann for this product (how about a Spectrum model of either the Davenport or a real Plymouth WDT in HO???).

Regards,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

jonathan

Congrats, Ray, on discovering the Spectrum line of locomotives!

So far, all my Spectrums have been winners.  I even have a couple standard locomotives (former Spectrums) and they run great, too.  Some have seen regular service for the past 4 years and are still smooth.

Here's another recommendation for the Spectrums.  I also appreciate Bachmann's efforts to produce affordable, fun to operate locos.

Regards,

Jonathan

ALCOS4EVER

I love my 45 Tonner as well. I picked up one of the yellow ones at the Springfield show in 2009. They were $75.00 each. I also have a 44 Tonner and a 70 Tonner, both yellow. They all run great but the 75 Tonner is best runner of the group even though it only pulls a few cars, just like the prototype. I am definitely a Bachmann Spectrum lover.

kamerad47

I was hoping someone was going to make a SW1 in DCC ??