News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC on board

Started by jerisman, May 28, 2007, 03:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerisman

I'm new to this forum, after being inactive for several years.  I notice some of the new Spectrum locos come with DCC on board.  I don't have DCC yet, but plan to soon.  Can I use these engines on DC by just throwing some kind switch, or must I disassemble it to remove the decoder?

Thanks,
-- John

lanny

Hi John,

Welcome to a wonderful forum that has been a great help to me and I am sure will be to you as well. You will get some good answers from the DCC experts on this forum regarding your question.

Here is what I 'think' (I run only DC analgo at this time).

You can, without doing anything, run Bachmann 'DCC on Board' locomotives using DC/Analog power without damaging them in any way. That is, you can take them out 'of the box' and place them on a DC/Analog powered layout and use your DC power pak to run them without any problem.

If you want to 'double head' a 'DCC on Board' with a 'DCC ready' locomotive from Bachmann, there is something  else, 'I think', you need to do. DCC experts can help you with this issue.

Again, welcome!

lanny nicolet

ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Bojangle

I run two Bachmann GP40 at the same time on my DC setup. one front, one in back. as long as they are both going forward, no problem.  When I first got them, I placed them halfway around the track from each other, turned on the power full speed.  It took 30 trips around before one finally caught the other.  They are very well matched.
Bo