News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Berkshire Ham Reefer

Started by Wade Colyer, September 16, 2010, 11:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wade Colyer

Hi:

Any idea when the 93268 Berkshire Ham & Bacon reefer will be available?

Thanks

Wade

Loco Bill

Hi Wade, 

I'm Looking for it too,  Seems that the Bach-man said it woulf be late in the year , but before Christmas. 

Maybe he will read this and give us a better update.

I heard from a source in London that they were expected there at the end of October.

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill:

Thanks for the info. Did you see the 90070C set on EBAY the other week? Any more info on that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140443810457&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Wade

Royal Oak Railroad

Wow....

That was a pretty good deal, even with the shipping from New York.  Is that a typical Ebay type sale?  I have never bought or sold anything on Ebay. 

How much does the buyer have to beware?  You folks obviously have some experience at this and I would love your take on it.

Dave

Loco Bill

Wade,

I have heard about that set for years, but know nothing about it nor have I ever seen one until now.  One of my sources said it was sold on the Home Shopping Network but I have no way of confirming it.  His description to me was almost exactly the same except he did not mention that it had  a caboose.  the  SF passenger car which I am assuming is the combine was included. I concluded that it was nothing more than the Red Comet set as the description seemed to be identical to that.  I can't find an additional note I had on it, but I somehow estimated the date of the set to be 1990 or 1991, so it had the older chassis. 

In any case the addition of a caboose and the name American Freight Express and the 90070C is totally new to me.

The new Prospector set 90070 in 2010 has the Davenport & mine cars!

Just when you think you have something solved we get a new mystery.

I am hoping you won it so we can get pictures of the packaging and can confirm then number.   Let me know!!!!!!!!! 
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Loco Bill

Dave, you do have to beware on Ebay, in the instance of this set the seller says it is new and he may be right, but it is also possible that something not seenin the picture is broken or dmaged in some way. You never know.  In this case I believe the locomotive is from 1990 or 1991 .  I those days the gears were so poor that hey didn't seem to last very long.

I have actually seen nice Bachmann sets sell for $80 or 90 and be real buys.  If you are going to run the train as opposed to displaying it, it is best to only buy sets made after 2000 when bachmann came out with the smooth running version 5 chassis.  If the cars in the set have metal wheels then it is almost always made after 2000.   

Ask the seller when he bought it, ask if the cars have metal wheels, if he can't or won't answer don't bid.  In spite of this advice there may be problems anyway, you never know.

Good luck bidding, Bachmann sets after 2000 are usuall great buys and as you said the prices are pretty good.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill:

Sorry, I didn't bid on it as I have all the cars and engine in other sets and space is getting to be a problem. I hoped you had got it. At least we got to see a picture of it.

Are you going to make it to York this month?

Wade

Loco Bill

Wade,

I can't come to York,  too much going on and I have to go in for repairs!!   Got to get four different eye surgeries.  ON top of that I need another surgery that us old times seem to need with old age.   The eye problems have made my surfing too tough, and that is why I missed that 90070C set, I'm just sick about it.  I can hardly keep up with this forum. 

Not sure how long my recoveries will take, but expect them to keep me off the net for awhile after each one. 

Like my Dad said at 93, old age sucks!!!!  Sheez, I'm only 70.

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

jsmvmd

Dear Bill,

I, too gave up surfing...too much sand up the nose !   ::)

Hope your "old age" problems get resolved quickly.  At 59, my "old age" problems are starting, too. 

Thanks for keeping on top of the LS stuff !

Dear Wade,

Long time no see !  A recently deceased buddy told me he saw 161 pound rail in the Rose Yard several years ago.  Could you confirm that ?   I always thought 141 was the max.

Best Wishes,

Jack