News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NEW RS3s AND THREE TRUCK CLIMAX

Started by OLD BILL, September 17, 2010, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLD BILL

I AM CURRENTLY MODELING WILD MARY SIMILAR TO THE THOMAS SUB.  HAVE SEVERAL 700s  WITH DCC AND SND.
ALSO RUSSIAN AND TWO SHAYS  AND TWO 2TRK CLIMAXs.  MY FATHER WAS A MACHINIST FOR THE WM AND I HAVE
A PICTURE OF HIM SVCING RS3 NR 198 AT LAUREL BANK WV.  HOPE TO HAVE YOUR RS RUNNING ON MY LAYOUT
SOON.  ALL OF YOUR ENGINES ARE RUNNING GREAT EVEN THE EARLY SHAYS WE BOUGHT.  ALSO THOUGHT YOU
MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW MY FATHER IN LAW WAS ENG FOR MOORE AND KEPPLE LMBR CO AND RAN BOTH CLIMAXs
THAT YOU ARE MODELING,  ALSO HAVE PICTURES OF HIM.  NOW ALL YOU FOLKS NEED TO DO IS MODEL THE
H9 800 SERIES OF THE WESTERN MARYLAND.

REGARDS

OLD BILL

mattyg1306

OLD BILL,

Do you have any pics of your layout?  I have a freelanced HO layout also based on Western Maryland in WV (although I decided not to model a specific location, but rather hint at several locations), and have all the equipment you mentioned and then some.  There is a link to my pictures on my profile.  

You're headline caught my attention...I am also waiting on those two peices in particular!  You need to visit the Cass area one of these days...both of Climaxes your father-in-law worked on are still around...the two-truck is hauling tourists on the Durbin and Greenbrier Valley Railroad (aka "Durbin Rocket") at Durbin (www.mountainrail.com), while the three-truck which is the prototype for the new Bachmann engine is being beautifully restored at Cass, and expected to be operating @ 2012 for the first time in 40 years.  (www.msrlha.org for pics of restoration; www.cassrailroad.com)

jward

i spent alot of time on the wm thomas sub with my dad, along with the other lines out of elkins. i am looking forward to having the wm rs3 on my layout, and might attempt to model one of the high hood rs3s as well. anybpdy know where i can get stack extensions like wm had on its rs3s?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA