News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Slim Gauge Cars

Started by Woody Elmore, September 21, 2010, 11:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody Elmore

Carstens Publications, the producers of Railroaad Model Craftsman, announced in the latest issue of RMC that their narrow gauge planbook called Slim Gauge Cars will be available again in an expanded, updated edition called Slim Gauge Cars II

The first edition has some really nice plans and the ad says that they have added a lot of new material. The ad is in the October 2010 edition of RMC - page 106 - next to back page. I'm going to order mine with the latest edition of the On30 annual when it becomes available.

Happy modeling!

Kevin Strong

Glad to hear it's finally done! It's been on my wish list for years, but not at the prices they were going for used. I asked Carstens last year if they would consider reprinting it, and they told me it was already in the works for this year. Dear Santa....

Later,

K

Tomcat

Great!

Anyway folks at Bachmann: Isn´t it time to add some real new cars, freight and passenger to your range?
You´ve done great on engines, the new SR&RL Caboose is a real great model, but don´t you opt for other models, freight cars, sometimes some passenger too? The last model was, please correct me, the Pulpwood car, which was a convert from a flat car, more or less. Don´t get me wrong - I love these models, but having another type of flatcar, boxcar (Steel sides ???) or Gondola would be cool!

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Coach

A husky man wearing a Carstens shirt was spotted in Chama this weekend measuring and photographing cars.

Coach

lvrr325

I have a steel flat car that was a $1 train show junk bin buy... turned out to be an old Rex S gauge die cast.  Took a set of vulcan trucks and needed coupler boxes mounted to the bottom of the cover plates. 

Of course to buy one on eBay from someone who knows what it is, is more than the Bachmann one goes for... 

Coach

I just received this book. Wow, there is a lot of stuff in here for narrow gauge folks.

Coach

mabloodhound

Chris lane outdid himself with this update of a classic book.   The new photos and updated dimensions are a must for anyone modeling rolling stock on narrow gauge lines.
8)
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

ebtnut

You can expect announcements of whatever new On30 equipment is due at the NMRA National Train Show in July.