News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bill And Ben

Started by therailwayinspector, September 22, 2010, 01:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therailwayinspector

From YouTube, I have seen that the twins are now being despatched! I'm hoping to get these at somepoint soon myself, but would like to hear some reveiws from any of you who may have recieved them!

They do look good!
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

JD417

yup got them yesterday ;D, here's the link to see them running in my tribute to them!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fnaGTVunyg  ;D

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

PerfectPercy

As I just said in another topic, they are great looking models. I can't wait to get them, but I need some decent running space first. Alright... Track work on layout first... Bill and Ben next... ::)

therailwayinspector

I have mine now!
Smashing models, just the right size compared the Hornby ones which I'll be selling soon I hope...

I must test them still (Bachmann ones) and I may purchase a further 2 and swap the faces about, so they can have the same ones some times.... and convert the spare models into Alfred and Judy, their prototypes....

PerfectPercy

Quote from: therailwayinspector on October 01, 2010, 02:41:56 PM
I have mine now!
Smashing models, just the right size compared the Hornby ones which I'll be selling soon I hope...

I must test them still (Bachmann ones) and I may purchase a further 2 and swap the faces about, so they can have the same ones some times.... and convert the spare models into Alfred and Judy, their prototypes....

Doesn't the parts section of Bachmann just sell the faces by themselves? Anyone?

therailwayinspector

I haven't seen any yet, but to get one of those over here would cost a lot...
Whereas if I bought another 2 models to convert, I could use the faces off of those, which would just be binned otherwise...

therailwayinspector

Here's some comparisons between Bachmann and Hornby:

Much prefer Bachmann!

The Chaz Storm

Concurred.  I'm glad I sold my Hornby Bill and Ben while I had the chance.  Best of all I used that money from the hornby models to buy the Bachmann models.  I say it's worth it.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: Chaz on October 03, 2010, 03:18:14 PM
Concurred.  I'm glad I sold my Hornby Bill and Ben while I had the chance.  Best of all I used that money from the hornby models to buy the Bachmann models.  I say it's worth it.

I have to say the length and height difference are too great. I can't believe how well Bachmann made these models. Would anyone like to challenge that Hornby Bill and Ben are about the size of Bachmann Thomas and Percy? ::)

And now for my stupid question of the day: what is that black square on the back of Bill and Ben's cabs. I never knew. Is it a giant window? It really throws me off. :P ::)

PasqualeCS96

Anyone ever notice that they both have the same faces on the hornby nodels.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on October 04, 2010, 06:01:34 PM

Yea, thats weird, like me and others say, hornby is lazy!
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

StanierJack

Quote from: SodorAdventures on October 04, 2010, 06:07:51 PM
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on October 04, 2010, 06:01:34 PM

Yea, thats weird, like me and others say, hornby is lazy!

So an all new model, and mechanism, from a company who don't have to do so is lazy?  ::)

JD417

well by lazy he could mean a number of things like how they use exsiting molds to make their thomas range or how they could add more detail

i can agree with a lot of people saying that hornby could of done alot more detail on bill and ben for one thing their handrail is moulded on, they have yellow running boards (instead of white) their backs are completly bare and the faces are the same  :-\

PerfectPercy

Quote from: JD417 on October 04, 2010, 08:41:35 PM
well by lazy he could mean a number of things like how they use exsiting molds to make their thomas range or how they could add more detail

i can agree with a lot of people saying that hornby could of done alot more detail on bill and ben for one thing their handrail is moulded on, they have yellow running boards (instead of white) their backs are completly bare and the faces are the same  :-\

Aren't Bachmann Bill and Ben's handrails molded on? Also they are considered toys, so the molding of the handrails have been seen on every Thomas engine that has handrails, such as Gordon or Henry.