Village Street Car stop along the way

Started by amenendez, September 22, 2010, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amenendez

Is there a way to make the street car stop along the way
I have tried to power off and on but this only resets the streetcar and goes back to the barn

ABC

Yes, but it is pretty complicated and requires additional equipment.

the Bach-man

amenendez

Quote from: ABC on September 22, 2010, 07:25:31 PM
Yes, but it is pretty complicated and requires additional equipment.
How complicated is it could you elaborate

amenendez

The option from BAch-man is very pricey at $185
If there is a way to prevent the street car to go back intothe barn when the power is off and on
then I could set up some reed switches  and a interval timer switch to turn the power off and on

ABC

Most units/systems are either as expensive as the one the Bachmann recommended or more. Another way to do it is to install sensors that detect when a train has reached a certain point and it will make the loco pause for the amount of time you specify. Some methods tie in the use of a computer.

NarrowMinded

I have created simple stops using an artisan model 438 timer on standard DC layouts, to do this I just cut a gap in one rail on both sides of the stop, you then bridge one gap with the timer, when the loco bridges the gap it resets the timer and kills power to the gapped/isolated rail, when time expires the rail energizes and the loco takes off, crossing the gap as it leaves the section does restart the timer but sense the loco front wheels are now on a non isolated section it continues on. I'm not sure how a gapped section will affect the reversing unit in a trolley set but this works great for regular dc stops

Www.artisancontrols.com

NM

After thinking about this, if you pick up the trolley off the track then set it back down does it continue on? If this is the case the set up I mentioned should work with the addition of a jumper wire connected around the gapped section.

amenendez

;D
I found a way using circuitron AR-2 , DT-4, some reed switches and some magnets 

Doneldon

amenendez-

Are you sure that isn't R2-D2?

-- D