Dcc decoder for Bachmann N scale SD45 spectrum series diesel locomotive

Started by racorsr, January 14, 2011, 02:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racorsr

Need recommendations or suggestions on DCC decoder for the Bachmann N scale SD45 locomotive, would like to control direction and lights?

seadowns

Hi!

A DZ123 is cheaper than dirt and does a lot more that you want to have.

Regards
Mathi

racorsr

How hard is it to install? I've seen with wire harness and plug, which one is it? I am also looking at the DZ125 according to the research I made it will work, but without opening the locomotive I want to make sure order the right one.

ACY

The DZ123 is the outdated version of the DZ125, that has less features than the DZ125. N scale locos generally do not have 8-pin sockets to to space constraints, and if I recall correctly this does not have a socket, just soldier pads.

Edit: as Jim can attest to...I always get those numbers confused, my apologies yet again

r0bert

Quote from: ACY on January 14, 2011, 09:26:31 PM
The DZ125 is the outdated version of the DZ123, that has less features than the DZ123. N scale locos generally do not have 8-pin sockets to to space constraints, and if I recall correctly this does not have a socket, just soldier pads.
The DZ125 Is the new/replacement model for the DZ123, not an outdated version. 
The DZ125 has more featues, is smaller in size, and has a heavier load capacity then the DZ123.
It will take a few minutes, but I will search and bring to the top of the forum the thread with step by step instructions for installing a decoder into a Bachmann Diesel loco.