News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What happened to the Spectrum 2-8-0 Undec?

Started by Steam is King, September 24, 2010, 11:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam is King

Hey Y'all,

What happened to the Spectrum Undec 2-8-0, 11410 or the DCC verison? Will it no longer be available? I didn't even see it as part of the Standard Line.

jonathan

S.i.K.:

I went to a train show in late August.  There were a number of undec Connies for sale (all DCC Spectrums).  Perhaps the market is flooded with undecorated 2-8-0's right now.  I believe that's why they ceased production of tenders for a while (too many out there).

That's just a guess based on one observation.  When I hit Timonium in October, I'll keep an eye out for Connies.  Just 'cause I'm curious...

Regards,

Jonathan

richg

I suspect you did not search very much.
I found sound and non-sound versions for sale right now.
Do a more thorough Google search. They are out there.
One result was the 2-8-0 with DCC sound for $150.00.

Rich

ABC

I think he was talking about on the Bachmann website under products.

Pacific Northern

The 2010 Bachmann catalog does not have either listed as well as the product section on this web page.

This model, the undecorated 2-8-0 with DCC or DCC ready seems to be available still at many hobby shops and if you browse E-Bay you will often find them as well.

I am surprised that Bachmann decided, for now, not to include the undecorated 2-8-0 version in their current product line.

I was lucky, I picked up a couple with and without sound recently. Can never have too many of these engines.
Pacific Northern

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The 2-8-0 was moved into the Standard Line to provide the hobby with a reasonably priced high quality steam loco.
Although we don't have painted unlettered locos in the Standard Line as a rule, I'll pass along your interest.
Have fun!
the Bach-man