News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

magic water is it worth using?

Started by ap0317ah, May 29, 2007, 08:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ap0317ah

Hi
I went to my local hobbystore this weekend and on the new arrival shelf was a product called "Magic Water" i have not heard of this before. :-\ I usally use epoxey or risin for my water. Thought the last time i did water was 4 years ago give or take. any coments on this product would be great.  ;D

Tom
a 1920's Baltimore & Ohio modeler

sour rails

Tom,
I really do not know, but since we're discussing water, do you have any tips about creating water on the layout.  I'm new to model railroading and would appreciate the best tips first so I shouldn't have to redo anything. :)

Sam
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

ap0317ah

yea I have a few tips
1. what ever you use for water paint the base a black to very dark green not blue (Yes no blue :o )
2. make sure your base is water tight (YOU DONT want resin or expocy or what ever you use were you dont want water, Duh )
3. there are many ways to model water and i ONLY have tried TWO of them so get more replys than just mine!!!  ;D

I have more tips if you need then by the way. 8)

Tom

sour rails

Thanks, but I'm sorry I can't answer you question.

Sam
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

ap0317ah

jsmvmd

Woodland Scenics makes it. Saw it demonstrated at a train show. You can make a waterfall, rapids, etc quite easily. Suggest you get to a train show, The WGH or similar and see a demo.  You will be convinced.

Best Wishes,

Jack

RAM

I have never used it, but if it is what I think it is, it is great for some things.   If it is the product that you melt with a heat gun, then you can make things like waves.  

ap0317ah