News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC to DCC Sound Upgrade

Started by ScottB, September 23, 2010, 10:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottB

I'm fairly new to the DCC market.  I've been in DC HO for 45 yrs, off and on.  Is it possible to buy the Tsunami upgrade from Bachmann or am I better off getting it from a Dealer, although I have found dealers are hard to find?  I'm looking for a chip and speaker (whole package upgrade.)

ABC

Bachmann does not sell any sound decoders separately, but you can buy a locomotive with a sound decoder already installed. The dealer does not sell any sound Bachmann OEM decoders, buy you can buy similar Tsunami decoders from SoundTraxx.

richg

You are better off to buy the Spectrum with sound. There are different ways to install DCC sound in locos. Some can use the Micro Tsunami and some, the standard Tsunami. I put the Micro in the 4-4-0 and 4-6-0. 2-8-0 and larger, the standard Tsunami.
You can buy the Spectrum with sound at some on line sellers for a lot less than full price but you can pay full price if you like, but. I do not.
Do some on line searches and you will find deals.
There are less sounds with the Bachmann factory sound than if you buy your own Tsunami and install it. Right now I do not have a comparison. For many who are not rivet counters, it is not an issue.
Both methods, the documents are at the SoundTraxx site and you can make a comparison yourself.

Rich