News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann: Edward Question

Started by Cheeky_ULP, December 04, 2009, 05:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

Dear Bachmann,

I've ran my Bachmann Edward a few times within the last months, and every time I've had to push hard for him to start, and he'd also start overheating and smoking! I stopped running him again recently, and his motor has had a smell that hasn't disappeared in days.

Is it possible the model could be sent over for a repair or new one?

shining time

it should it hasn't been a year since youi bought it right
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: shining time on December 04, 2009, 08:23:07 PM
it should it hasn't been a year since youi bought it right
I've had other models for well over a year now and they haven't ever heated up, start smoking and making the room smell. :1

ZeldaTheSwordsman

He was referring to the warranty, Sparks. He was asking if it should still be covered by the warranty. I think the warranty's only 90 days, though. But finding a place for repairs shouldn't be difficult for you. What state do you live in again?

the Bach-man

Dear Sparks,
Give service a call. They'll give you your options.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

napa15

Has anyone else who has Edward had these problems, or any other problems? I purchased Edward a few months ago and he has ran fine, until very recently. Now, he is only operating at random. I have not smelled any smoke from him, or seen any, but he will be chugging along and then suddenly stop. Then, he won't go again for a while. I know it's him and not the track (power) as any other engine runs perfectly fine.

I'm likely going to return him to the store where I purchased him this week, just thought I'd see if there are know issues.

Thanks.

PasqualeCS96

Before I created a acount on here my Bachmann Edward which I got a traveling train show kept studdering and studdering until it could not run anymore it never overheated or began to smell. I sent it to the headquarters in Philly and got it back within two months. I never really did find out what went wron but this was in summer 2009.

RBMN #425 Fan

min works perfectly :) ;) :)
exceptit makes a tinny sound when stopped suddenly
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

napa15

I contacted Bachmann and mine has been sent to them, as they will send me a replacement. I bought it at my local hobby shop, but apparently their return policy is only good for a few weeks. Bachmann's limited lifetime warranty allowed me to send it in for a new one with no issues at all. Thank you.

My only concern is that the new Edward I will get will eventually have the same issues. I suppose if it does then I'll send that one on back too. :) The only other "Thomas" line engine I have at the moment is Thomas, and he runs perfectly.

napa15

I want to give a HUGE shout out to Bachmann for their excellent customer service and timely dispatch of the replacement Edward engine. I mailed the non-working Edward Monday to them and I received my new Edward from them yesterday, Thursday. Wow, I never thought it would have come that fast. They completely exceeded my expectations! Thank you!