News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Sound decoder info

Started by flyguyddt, November 03, 2010, 11:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyguyddt

I have a DCC and Sound decoder that came out of a Spectrum locomotive that I don't know how to hook up.  I have no document as to which terminal hooks to what wire leads.  How do I find a manual on these?  The number on the board is BHY070417.  HELP

richg

Quote from: flyguyddt on November 03, 2010, 11:58:00 PM
I have a DCC and Sound decoder that came out of a Spectrum locomotive that I don't know how to hook up.  I have no document as to which terminal hooks to what wire leads.  How do I find a manual on these?  The number on the board is BHY070417.  HELP

You might include the loco name/diesel or steam in the future and whether it was a custom install or factory install.
If the loco is a factory equipped DCC sound loco I doubt you will find the info. I have yet to see a DCC sound install done by Bachmann so cannot comment on the wire connections.
Usually factory install decoders are different case style than the decoders you buy and install yuorself

If the loco was equipped with DCC sound decoder that was a custom install, then the SoundTraxx info will work.

Rich