Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-4-0 american

Started by RBMN #425 Fan, September 24, 2010, 07:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on November 03, 2010, 02:46:29 PM
Quote from: richg on November 03, 2010, 10:45:16 AM
My tender drive locos with an older Lenz N scale decoder made about six or so years ago.

Rich

Rich, do you have a picture of the car coupled behind the IHC engine in the foreground? Looks interesting!

JBJ

The car has metal castings for the end, storage space under, end steps, roof fixture to allow more light inside the car. The windows and doors on the sides are metal castings. The roof is wood and the bottom of the car is wood.
The car was used for photographing people inside also. A shelf was at a window where the photo paper was put to allow the sun on it during the devolping process. Don't remember the complete process.
The sides are pre-printed thick paper. The trucks are not correct for 1870 but on my road, the restored UP loco and car are visiting my road around 1890.
The antlers are HO scale. There is a photo of the real car with antlers on the top. I have not found an appropriate HO scale flag like in a photo I have seen
I do have a casting of a photographer with the old time box camera for a scene.
The new company owner wants to do it in styrene for the sides. Maybe decals also. Don't know for sure.

The color difference is my camera. I will have to do the pictures again.

Rich

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: richg on November 03, 2010, 08:42:50 PM
The car has metal castings for the end, storage space under, end steps, roof fixture to allow more light inside the car. The windows and doors on the sides are metal castings. The roof is wood and the bottom of the car is wood.
The car was used for photographing people inside also. A shelf was at a window where the photo paper was put to allow the sun on it during the devolping process. Don't remember the complete process.
The sides are pre-printed thick paper. The trucks are not correct for 1870 but on my road, the restored UP loco and car are visiting my road around 1890.
The antlers are HO scale. There is a photo of the real car with antlers on the top. I have not found an appropriate HO scale flag like in a photo I have seen
I do have a casting of a photographer with the old time box camera for a scene.
The new company owner wants to do it in styrene for the sides. Maybe decals also. Don't know for sure.

The color difference is my camera. I will have to do the pictures again.

Rich

That's a very interesting car! I think I've seen a photo of a U.P. photographer's car somewhere--maybe in one of Abdill's books--but not a close-up of the real thing.

Thanks very much for sharing the additional pics!

(I've always felt it was kind of a shame IHC couldn't/wouldn't/didn't give their "No. 119" the extended smokebox that the Bachmann engine has--and the real "No. 119" had.)

JBJ