On30 Gorre and Depheted Cars?

Started by talktowolves, September 25, 2010, 07:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talktowolves

Flag this messageRe: [On30conspiracy] Bachmann and the Gorre and DaphetidSaturday, September 25, 2010 2:11 PMFrom: "James Barnes" <talkswithwolves2000@yahoo.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: On30conspiracy@yahoogroups.com 
Al, I would SECOND that  motion. Maybe , we should pass it on to Bachmann. Jim

No Trees, Flora or Animals were injured in the production of this message. However, Quite a few electrons were agitated or other wise disturbed. ;-)~

--- On Sat, 9/25/10, alguckes2001 <AD_Guckes@DENTISTRY.UNC.EDU> wrote:

Subject: [On30conspiracy] Bachmann and the Gorre and Daphetid
To: On30conspiracy@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, September 25, 2010, 1:37 PM

Probably someone has remarked on this before but I wonder why Bachmann has not issued some Gorre & Daphetid and Devils Gulch and Helengon cars. Seems like naturals for On30. I realize the the G & D was not narrow gauge, but to me it had a narrow gauge atmosphere. I'd even purchase a On30 Dockside locomotive.

Al

ryeguyisme

well me being an Avid John Allen fan I must attest that the market in doing so isn't that profitable at least in Bachmann's eyes. Roundhouse was a more down to earth more-than-likely to do specials and creative things for a much unique market, and thats why they put out so many Gorre & Daphetid cars in HO, considering for a 21 year old my collection has accumulated considerably over the years and I have used this equipment many times on my christmas display layout considering I have at least 50 gondolas(not really willing to go through and count) BUT as much as even I'd like to see that so I could buy my dad some On30 equipment, it seems rather doubtful :(

scottychaos

IMO, I dont think manufacturers should offer *anything* from famous model railroads..
because..who owns the G&D name?
even if its not "trademarked" or copyrighted in any way, how can we know John Allen would approve of his railroad's name being used on random rolling stock?
and since its impossible to get his permission, IMO, out of respect, it simply should not be done..

If an individual model railroader wanted to letter one boxcar for the G&D for his own railroad, because he is a huge G&D fan, thats not a big deal, and John Allen would probably feel honored..but to have a mass-produced G&D line..it just seems wrong to me..disrespectful.

Scot

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Actually, the NMRA has the rights to the G&D name. In fact, we have recently produced bobber caboose for them.
I suggest you send your requests to them- after you've joined!
Have fun!
the Bach-man