LARGE SCALE JAMES AND ROLLING STOCK PICTURES!!!!!

Started by The Chaz Storm, September 25, 2010, 10:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerfectPercy

Isn't the video a copy of Chaz's pictures? Shouldn't he give consent first?

Quote from: Sparks on September 25, 2010, 11:32:41 PM
Quote from: JD417 on September 25, 2010, 11:14:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYxPO8rkOXs  :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYOgBIYmUrk

Sorry, beat you to it. :P

I also don't like the fact you're watermarking images you don't own.  ::)

I second the watermark issue.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I also am appalled that they fixed the errors that we went on about, but they ONLY put the re-toolings into the LS designs.

Notice that James' smokebox is painted correctly, they all have front couplers, and please don't even tell me that James' wheels are now black... :( BTW, is Percy's rear coupling hook on the LS model, and are the coupling hooks the right color too? :P

This makes me want to do one (or two) of three things:

1. Rant on and on about how the models (Percy and James especially) need to be retooled like the LS models ::)
2. Buy LS models and give up on the HO line for Thomas, Percy, and James :'(
3. Spend time risking my models paint-jobs by editing them myself to their proper attire :-\

Now, I feel depressed... :P I also feel that I am taking my feelings to the extreme...  ::)I guess it just comes down to how the three models should be edited for the better of them. :)

Cheers ;D

Cheeky_ULP

Revamping the Large Scale toolings takes time friend  ;)

>Isn't the video a copy of Chaz's pictures? Shouldn't he give consent first?

Check the end of the video?  :P

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Um, Sparks, I think he meant retooling the OO models.

Cheeky_ULP

Yeah that's what I meant :P

Revamping the Large Scale toolings to OO scale

The Chaz Storm

Just for confirmation purposes in case if people were concerned, I approved Sparks' doings for using my Bill and Ben pictures for his movie. :)

But I gotta say this confirms something for us.  

HO scale models resemble the model series

Large scale models resemble the CGI series

So I can predict next year if they do the oil tanker (predicting) it will have the factory symbol painted on the tanker, instead of having the word 'OIL' on each side.  

ZeldaTheSwordsman

PerfectPercy

Quote from: Sparks on September 25, 2010, 11:43:27 PM
Revamping the Large Scale toolings takes time friend  ;)

>Isn't the video a copy of Chaz's pictures? Shouldn't he give consent first?

Check the end of the video?  :P

Not JD417's video... Sorry for lack of clarification. You posted while I was rambling and I forgot to edit the beginning based on your post.

Quote from: Chaz on September 25, 2010, 11:59:00 PM

So I can predict next year if they do the oil tanker (predicting) it will have the factory symbol painted on the tanker, instead of having the word 'OIL' on each side.  

VERY valid points you have. I could see it from the beginning. Did they make LS Annie and Clarabel more CGI by the way?

Though, there is one thing that looks kind of Season 12-ish/CGI on in the HO line: the face that people say resembles season 2 (I can't remember what face is of what engine). I looks to be kind of like the CGI face of season 12, but that was even based off of the season 2 face.

vs

I do not own the images or models above. They are under the copyright of HIT Entertainment.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: JD417 on September 26, 2010, 12:16:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYxPO8rkOXs  :P

I also don't like the fact you're watermarking images you don't own.  ::)

people always do that  :P
So? Doesn't change the fact it's wrong, and I condone/support people doing it. I criticize Onu for doing it, and the Missing Coach pic? I managed to hunt down the original because I didn't support SteamTeam watermarking images he doesn't legally own. How would you feel if I took your photography and images and watermarked them with my name and claimed they were mine?  ::)

Quote from: Chaz on September 25, 2010, 11:59:00 PM
Just for confirmation purposes in case if people were concerned, I approved Sparks' doings for using my Bill and Ben pictures for his movie. :)

PerfectPercy

Quote from: JD417 on September 26, 2010, 12:16:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYxPO8rkOXs  :P

I also don't like the fact you're watermarking images you don't own.  ::)

people always do that  :P

Ah, the famous "they did it so why can't I?"

Lemme, tell ya something: if they jump from a cliff to the ground, don't follow them thinking you have wings......

You shouldn't do that anyway. If it isn't yours, then the watermark is BOTH irrelevant and you are claiming that the pictures are yours (they both generally relate).

The pictures were not yours and that then takes a domino-effect into the watermark being pointless.

Cheeky_ULP

Exactly, I'm here in the community to make change and improvement. There's never a need to compete over who owns what image is theirs.. It just causes pointless tension and anger, as well as elitism. In a way, I'm a Robin Hood when it comes to these images. :P

Everyone has the right to see these images in their original condition, don't let other people 'tell' you otherwise with their copyright violating watermarks.  ;)

PerfectPercy

Quote from: Sparks on September 26, 2010, 12:26:51 AM
In a way, I'm a Robin Hood when it comes to these images. :P

Does this make me Batman? I'm fine with a cape.